23127Re: [podcasters] PME II!!!

  • George L Smyth
    Oct 2, 2006
      --- Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:

      > On 10/1/06, George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:
      > > I've heard a lot of good stories about the parties and people getting
      > drunk, so
      > > it sounds like a good time.
      >
      > Much more than just people getting drunk (you can do that at home.)
      > This was an occassion for people who have been collegues to meet
      > face-to-face for the first time. Relationships were strengthened,
      > partnerships instigated, networks woven... and friendships forged.
      >
      > > However, I have yet to hear any comments on the
      > > sessions, which is where my interest would be, which is why I think I may
      > try
      > > to get to Podcamp in Pittsburgh.
      >
      > Most of the sessions seemed geared toward beginning podcasters,
      > monetization, SEO, and the like. I didn't pay to attend the
      > sessions... someone who did, step forward and tell us your
      > impressions, please!

      Matthew -

      I'm not sure how to say it without sounding like I'm a prude or tea totaler
      (after all, I did my very first One Minute How-To on How To Prepare A Guinness
      For Consumption), but nearly everything I've heard so far about PME has
      concerned contests based upon who could drink the most. I did that back in
      college, and it's been long enough ago to become something that just doesn't
      interest me.

      I know that PME is not all about drinking, so I'm hoping that someone who did
      more than that can offer their positive (or negative) experiences outside of
      that area. Podcastercon 2006 (which unfortunately may not happen until Fall
      2007) was an excellent opportunity for networking and learning, and that's
      where my personal interest lies.

      Cheers -

      george

      Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com