222Re: [podcasters] PC Equivalent of Garage Band Mac Software

  • Jason Evangelho
    Nov 1, 2004
      I am a very happy Adobe Audition user. Started out with Audacity, but
      the toolset just wasn't big enough. Believe me: it does wonders for
      people on a budget. Other than that, all I use is a $30 Shure mic from
      radioshack and my Dell, and I achieve a pretty decent quality...

      On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:00:09 +1000, andrew clarke <mail@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 10:49:48PM -0000, Richard j Smith wrote:
      >
      > > I was wondering if there is a PC equivalent of Garage band software
      > > that is with Macs? Any help would be great.
      >
      > I don't own a recent Mac, so I've never seen or used Garage Band. Maybe
      > you could give a list of features you're after?
      >
      > Having said that though, one the following may be suitable, depending on
      > your budget and requirements, eg. whether you want MIDI support.
      >
      > Adobe Audition (formerly Syntrillium Cool Edit Pro)
      > http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/
      >
      > Audacity (free, open source)
      > http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
      >
      > Cakewalk Home Studio (MIDI support)
      > http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/default.asp
      >
      > Kristal Audio Engine (free for personal use)
      > http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index.php
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
      strong to be broken."
      ~Samuel Johnson
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic