21247Re: [podcasters] Recording interviews

    Aug 2, 2006
      On 8/1/06, LARRY WANGER <lsw999@...> wrote:
      > When I record shows at home I use my Mac and either record directly through the wall jack for phone calls or use Skipe and Audio Hijack to record. However, at work I'm using a PC and don't have a "normal" phone set up. I've got a situation where we use VOIP service and the phone literally plugs in to the computer network. Can someone recommend something that will enable me to record at work? What is free to install on a PC that would allow me to use Skipe to record calls? Alternatively, is there a simple way to record phone calls through our phone system?

      Did you really say "simple" and "phone system" in the same sentence? >8->

      I'd say you're probably best off saving your IT department's sanity
      (or whoever runs your phone system) and using Skype on your own
      machine. Besides, you're already familiar with it.

      The HotRecorder suggestion is a good one. Or, if you want something
      that will not only record your calls, but answer them, manage your
      voicemail, walk your dog and make your coffee, you could try Pamela:

      It's supposed to have podcasting features too, but you're probably
      best off ignoring that and doing things the way you're used to doing
      them, with real audio editing software.