21240Re: Recording interviews

  • ericmattson1
    Aug 2, 2006

      I record interviews using a PC/Skype. I use a program called
      Hotrecorder which is about as simple/cheap ($15) as it comes but it
      has served me well. I've also heard good things about Audacity, which
      a free application.

      Hope this helps.

      Eric Mattson
      MarketingMonger.com - Check out my 1,000 interview project!

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "LARRY WANGER" <lsw999@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > As someone who works all of the time I find it difficult to arrange
      for interviews outside of my normal working hours. This especially
      complicates interviewing people for my show that are on the east
      coast. I wouldn't have much of a problem recording interviews at work
      given the right tools which leads me to my question.
      > When I record shows at home I use my Mac and either record directly
      through the wall jack for phone calls or use Skipe and Audio Hijack to
      record. However, at work I'm using a PC and don't have a "normal"
      phone set up. I've got a situation where we use VOIP service and the
      phone literally plugs in to the computer network. Can someone
      recommend something that will enable me to record at work? What is
      free to install on a PC that would allow me to use Skipe to record
      calls? Alternatively, is there a simple way to record phone calls
      through our phone system?
      > Hope this isn't too confusing.
      > Thanks.
      > Visit my home page at http://www.disabilitynation.net and subscribe