21223RE: [podcasters] Alesis Multimix Firewire mixers

  • Justin Kaiser - Mailing Lists
    Aug 1, 2006
      I had the same problem... Here is what I did and it seemed to help...

      Disabled the power management for all USB root hubs

      1. Open the Device Manager (Start-> right click on "My Computer", click on
      "Properties" -> Hardware -> Device Manager)
      2. Look under the category Universal Serial Bus controllers and find the USB
      Root Hub.
      3. Right click and select Properties, go to the Power Management tab
      4. Uncheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save
      power."

      Repeat this for each of the USB Root Hubs shown in the Device Manager.

      Double Checked all drivers

      Shutoff all powersaving options and anything that shuts off USB/Cardbus

      TURNED OFF ALL SOUNDS - Apparently there is some kind of clocking issue with
      System sounds, when they play, are all clocked at 22kHz, and this promptly
      resets your soundcard's driver to run at this rate. If you try to continue
      to play an Audition file after this has happened, it comes out at twice the
      pitch. This has, for many years, been the most common reason for this to
      happen. Go to Settings>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices and select the

      'Sounds' tab. Under Sound Scheme, pick 'No Sounds'. This will prevent
      Windows from resetting your soundcard clock rate, and have the additional
      advantage that you don't have to listen to a load of stupid noises!

      I also had a problem with AA2 stopping when the window loses focus...

      Go to Edit > Audio Hardware Setup and ensure that the box that says "Release
      ASIO Driver in Background" is not ticked.

      If it is ticked, Audition will stop playing or (worse) will stop recording
      when you "click away" from the program (more correctly, when the program
      loses focus) to enable other programs to use the ASIO driver, which normally
      cannot otherwise be shared.

      _____