1906Re: [podcasters] Recording Hardware Questions

  • Allen Weiner
    Feb 1, 2005
      What is the output method from mixer to PC? I looked at a Behringer the other day and was somewhat baffled on that issue?

      Allen

      Vince Callaway <v_callaway@...> wrote:
      --- walter <walter@...> wrote:
      [snip]
      > The main content is interviews and conversations.
      [snip]

      I assume you are talking about on location interviews?

      For the interview I just posted I used a minidisc with a mic from reactive
      sounds ( http://www.reactivesounds.com/rp1.php ) It is a $25 mic that works
      suprisingly well. The audio was fed into the computer through a mixer. The
      mixer has a built in EQ which enhances the audio a bit. The mixer is a
      behringer ub1202 (
      http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_id/88618 )
      $79.95.

      The mixer is small enough that it could easily be taken on location for doing a
      group. I just ordered these mics (
      http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/277174/ ) for
      doing just that. Three for $20 is too good a deal to pass up. Especially
      since they are quality mics.

      I am not a big fan of recording directly to a computer. The ability to
      re-create a live interview is non-existant. Dave Slusher posted a note
      yesterday about loosing his show when audacity failed to save.

      If you are curious to see how the setup performed my site is www.totalsense.com

      Allen Weiner
      Research Director, Gartner G2
      Check out my blogs: