11421Re: [podcasters] New recorder good for podcasters

  • Rich
    Oct 5, 2005
      On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 21:10 -1000, Ryan Ozawa wrote:

      > > EM58? Do you mean SM58?(typo?)
      > Er, yes, that's the one. Sadly, the conversation that immediately
      > followed my Podcasting 101 question went way over my head. Balanced?
      > Two conductors? RF? Eep!

      If you want an explanation of all of these things, I'll be glad to do

      > And here my next question was going to be, if the Microtrack has
      > separate 1/4" jacks for "L"eft and "R"ight, what happens if I did plug
      > my SM58 with a Monster XLR-to-1/4" cable into one. Do I get a mono
      > recording, or just one side?

      You get just one side. And that would be mono.

      And as I said in a previous post. Monster makes good stuff, but there
      are better values out there, so definitely shop around.

      > Gotta go back to podcasting school. (Or the Podcast Academy! Heh.)

      We'll help in any way we can.

      Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
      Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic