Re: Playing WMA / DRM Files

  • SEBADAMS
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      Managed to trasnfer and play one file. Though now when the Palm TX
      communicates it pops up with:

      Unknown MTP Error (0x8004d009)

      --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "SEBADAMS" <sebadams@...> wrote:

      > I just bought an audio book in WMA format protected with DRM.
      >
      > I transferred to my Palm TX which has Pocket Tunes 4.06.
      >
      > When I try to play the file it pops up a message saying:
      >
      > "Could not find a licence........You may need to refresh your
      > licences......."
      >
      > Not sure what to do ? !
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hello there,

        We have a Knowledge Base article on that which you can find here:
        http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/49/210/article/

        Any time you see an error message in Pocket Tunes, the Knowledge Base
        is a quick place to look. We have an error messages section here:
        http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/49/0/

        Take care,
        Dave
        NormSoft, Inc
        Pocket Tunes Blog: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/news/.
        User Guide: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettunes/docs/readme.html
        NormSoft Knowledge Base: http://www.normsoft.com/kb/

        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "SEBADAMS" <sebadams@...> wrote:

        > Managed to trasnfer and play one file. Though now when the Palm TX
        > communicates it pops up with:
        >
        > Unknown MTP Error (0x8004d009)
        >
        > --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "SEBADAMS" <sebadams@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I just bought an audio book in WMA format protected with DRM.
        > >
        > > I transferred to my Palm TX which has Pocket Tunes 4.06.
        > >
        > > When I try to play the file it pops up a message saying:
        > >
        > > "Could not find a licence........You may need to refresh your
        > > licences......."
        > >
        > > Not sure what to do ? !
        > >
        > > Thanks in advance.

      • josephtwomey
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
          Dave,

          Thanks much!

          I just sent a long post a few hours ago about my failure to load
          OverDrive Media audiobooks, and was asking for help. That message has
          not yet appeared (has not yet been moderated). You can simply delete
          that message if you're the moderator, as your post here pointed me to
          the error messages section, where I found the solution for PTunes
          error 0x8004C03E, which fixed my problem. I'm one happy camper now.

          Thanks,
          Joe