Re: music files + .ppt slides?

  • Dr. Bubba Gump
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
      Thanks Josh. I may work on that a little more if I get caught up with all my other projects
      this weekend. I'm thinking about trading in my T/X (eventually) on a LifeDrive.

      Anyone have any experience with a LifeDrive? Sounds like it has a lot more memory,
      processing power, and flexibility from the one guy I know who owns one.

      Is RescoExplorer hardware or software? - Bubba

      --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Baker, Joshua" <oriontechnicalservices@...>
      wrote:

      > Microsoft does support music in PowerPoint. I've never used Files To Go, but I do use
      Documents To Go, which does show .ppt files. Depending on how much free space you've
      got on your Palm, it may skip a bit while playing music, though.

      > Did you know that PowerPoint can export your presentations to JPEGs? RescoExplorer
      can show JPEGs while playing music without skipping. I don't know if it can connect to
      projectors, but I like it. It uses pTunes in the background to play music while showing the
      images fullscreen. It's got a 14-day trial if you want to try it out.

    • Barb
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
        I have both and a Treo. The digitizer of the TX no longer functions
        correctly which Is why I went with the Lifedrive. The Lifedrive is soooo
        slow compared to the TX. The drive functions like a separate card...
        Nothing amazing which is why they probably stopped making them. I just use
        it to hold photos now.

        ___
        Sent with SnapperMail
        www.snappermail.com

        >Thanks Josh. I may work on that a little more if I get caught up with all
        my other projects
        >this weekend. I'm thinking about trading in my T/X (eventually) on a
        LifeDrive.

        >Anyone have any experience with a LifeDrive? Sounds like it has a lot more
        memory,
        >processing power, and flexibility from the one guy I know who owns one.
        >
        >Is RescoExplorer hardware or software? - Bubba
        >
        >--- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Baker, Joshua"
        <oriontechnicalservices@...>
        >wrote:
        >>
        >> Microsoft does support music in PowerPoint. I've never used Files To Go,
        but I do use
        >Documents To Go, which does show .ppt files. Depending on how much free
        space you've
        >got on your Palm, it may skip a bit while playing music, though.
        >>
        >> Did you know that PowerPoint can export your presentations to JPEGs?
        RescoExplorer
        >can show JPEGs while playing music without skipping. I don't know if it
        can connect to
        >projectors, but I like it. It uses pTunes in the background to play music
        while showing the
        >images fullscreen. It's got a 14-day trial if you want to try it out.

      • Baker, Joshua
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
          Bubba,

          I've found RescoExplorer to be the best app on my Palm. It can do everything.

          I wouldn't buy a LifeDrive if I were you. I know a girl who has one and she hates it. She bought it after her T|E bit the dust, and she's considering buying a T|E2.

          RescoExplorer is software, by the way.

          Joshua Baker

          ORION TECHNICAL SERVICES DISCLAIMER:
          This email and any attachments thereto may contain may contain, marketing,
          advertising, member, customer, private, confidential, and/or
          privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review,
          copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by other
          than Orion Technical Services or the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

          If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately
          and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
          attachments thereto.