hot sync music files

  • sally
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2007
      I have burned itunes songs on to CDs in Mp3 form. I then ripped them to
      wind med 10.0. Sync them onto an exp card on my treo 650 with no
      problem. Now suddenly a new cd I ripped will not sync. An error message
      says, "win media can't access the files, they might be in use, not
      accessible to computer where stored, or the proxy setting might be
      incorrect". I have not changed any settings that would cause this. Also
      if I do a routine hot sync with the exp card in, it gets stuck on
      pictures & video (media files) and won't stop. I have to manually quit
      the hot sync and reset my treo and reboot my computer. The hot sync
      will not go away. If I take the exp card out, it does not do this.
    • Nancy
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2007
        Hi.....Until now I have considered myself fairly knowledgable in
        all things computer related. How did you burn the songs in Mp3
        format? It doesn't automatically save in that format does it? My
        luck would have it that it's a very simple thing to do. The syncing
        I can do....I would also like to play some iTunes songs on another
        site that I have, but you have to have the correct format, and the
        iTunes music is obviously not the right format for that website, or
        so I'm told....can you share with me me how you did it?

        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2007
          --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy" <PNancy206@...> wrote:

          > Hi.....Until now I have considered myself fairly knowledgable in
          > all things computer related. How did you burn the songs in Mp3
          > format? It doesn't automatically save in that format does it? My
          > luck would have it that it's a very simple thing to do. The
          syncing
          > I can do....I would also like to play some iTunes songs on another
          > site that I have, but you have to have the correct format, and the
          > iTunes music is obviously not the right format for that website, or
          > so I'm told....can you share with me me how you did it?
          >

          > --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "sally" <salgay@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have burned itunes songs on to CDs in Mp3 form. I then ripped
          > them to
          > > wind med 10.0. Sync them onto an exp card on my treo 650 with no
          > > problem. Now suddenly a new cd I ripped will not sync. An error
          > message
          > > says, "win media can't access the files, they might be in use,
          not
          > > accessible to computer where stored, or the proxy setting might
          be
          > > incorrect". I have not changed any settings that would cause
          this.
          > Also
          > > if I do a routine hot sync with the exp card in, it gets stuck on
          > > pictures & video (media files) and won't stop. I have to manually
          > quit
          > > the hot sync and reset my treo and reboot my computer. The hot
          sync
          > > will not go away. If I take the exp card out, it does not do this.

          I burn the ITune songs onto a CD. I then play them via win media 10.0
          and rip them. You can change the format from AAC to MP3 in the
          options under rip. You do have to insert the titles and artists
          because the songs will show up at untitled tracks. You need to buy
          Pocket Tunes. You then hook your treo up as like when you hot sync,
          but do not push the button. You then go into Pocket Tunes. Pocket
          Tune will show up on win media as a device. You then simply drag the
          songs you want into the hot sync column and sync them. Voila, ITunes
          in now on you treo. By the way, I found out that the problem I had
          was due to a bad memory card.
        • Larry Lenard

            Message 5 of 6 , May 22, 2007
              Yes, in iTunes.

              sally <salgay@...> wrote:
              I have burned itunes songs on to CDs in Mp3 form. I then ripped them to
              wind med 10.0. Sync them onto an exp card on my treo 650 with no
              problem. Now suddenly a new cd I ripped will not sync. An error message
              says, "win media can't access the files, they might be in use, not
              accessible to computer where stored, or the proxy setting might be
              incorrect". I have not changed any settings that would cause this. Also
              if I do a routine hot sync with the exp card in, it gets stuck on
              pictures & video (media files) and won't stop. I have to manually quit
              the hot sync and reset my treo and reboot my computer. The hot sync
              will not go away. If I take the exp card out, it does not do this.

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • uwpee
              Message 6 of 6 , May 23, 2007
                The problem is in the memory card itself. I currently use (2) ScanDisk
                8 gb memory cards on a palm zire 72. I have found that when I tried the
                same thing as you are attempting to do I had the same problem. So I
                threw out the 4gb card I was using and started using the 8gb cards the
                problem was solved. Incidently the the memory card I discarded was a
                Kingston. Hope this helps. Steve'o'
                --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Baker"