pTunes compatibilty with WMP 11?

  • Josh Baker, Orion IT
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      To those who don't keep track of Micro$oft's software releases, Windows Media Player 11 is out.
      I tried using pTunes with WMP 11 beta, and subsequently got a headache. But I wonder, now that WMP 11 is finished, when we can expect it to sync with pTunes? I use the 'drag-n-drop' method to copy MP3's most of the time, because it's faster, but I do have some DRM-protected music from Napster-To-Go and iMesh in WMA format that has to be transferred using WMP.

      Cheers.

      Josh Baker, Orion IT

      PC Repair | Digital Imaging | eBay Reselling/Proxy | Installations | Custom Systems

      -==Sent Using InboxToGo 1.0.2 Palm Email Client==-
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
        Hi Josh,

        At this time, Pocket Tunes does not support the newly released Windows
        Media Player 11. NormSoft recognizes the importance of doing so, and
        we are currently working hard to add this support in a future version
        of Pocket Tunes. For the time being, users wishing to copy audio
        files to their device using Windows Media Player (including
        subscription and purchased content from online music services), should
        continue to use Windows Media Player version 10.

        Take care,
        Dave
        NormSoft, Inc.
        User Guide: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettunes/docs/readme.html
        NormSoft Knowledge Base: http://www.normsoft.com/kb/

        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Baker, Orion IT"
        <oriontechnicalservices@...> wrote:

        > To those who don't keep track of Micro$oft's software releases,
        Windows Media Player 11 is out.
        > I tried using pTunes with WMP 11 beta, and subsequently got a
        headache. But I wonder, now that WMP 11 is finished, when we can
        expect it to sync with pTunes? I use the 'drag-n-drop' method to copy
        MP3's most of the time, because it's faster, but I do have some
        DRM-protected music from Napster-To-Go and iMesh in WMA format that
        has to be transferred using WMP.

        > Cheers.
        >
        > Josh Baker, Orion IT
        >
        > PC Repair | Digital Imaging | eBay Reselling/Proxy | Installations |
        Custom Systems

        > -==Sent Using InboxToGo 1.0.2 Palm Email Client==-

      • notimeinco
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
          I've used WMP 11 (11.0.5358.4827) to sync with my Treo 650 several
          times. My WMA files were obtained via Rhapsody. However, I can't
          seem to do more than 1 or 2 at a time. Is that the issue?

          Paul