Re: Tungsten Audio Quality is lousy

  • stellamorabito
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 4:13 AM
      Actually I loaded the audio patch last night and the audio got worse
      instead of improving!! I am desperately trying to go back to the
      previous configuration, but cannot delete the audio-update file. Any
      hints on how to do?

      As far as the headphones are concerned, I had to try 4 different
      models before I could find two that gave me acceptable results. I
      realize that if there is a volume control on cord you'd better forget
      it! The voice of the singer is completely unaudible and you get only
      the base.

      In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, Brian Morrison <tunes@f...> wrote:
      > On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:48:10 -0000 in b67s7a+m441@e...
      > "gruenkohl7" <Gruenkohl7@g...> wrote:
      >
      > > Even after installing the audio-patch the overall quality of the
      > > sound is lousy. the volume, when listening to headphones, is just
      > > joke and if i use the volume-booster it's getting me mad. the
      sound
      > > is such noisy. even the build in equalizer is completly useless.
      > > increasing the bars makes the sound unhearable. it's just
      terrible.
      > > so what can i do? i think i better bought a clie with a good
      audio-
      > > engine... :-(
      > >
      > > any hints???
      >
      > What headphones do you use? I have a pair of Sony MDR-EX70LPs and
      they
      > make a big difference, cheap ones are not a good idea.
      >
      > --
      >
      > Brian Morrison
      >
      > tunes at fenrir dot org dot uk
    • Tim Norman
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 4:42 AM
        > Actually I loaded the audio patch last night and the audio got worse
        > instead of improving!! I am desperately trying to go back to the
        > previous configuration, but cannot delete the audio-update file. Any
        > hints on how to do?
        >
        > As far as the headphones are concerned, I had to try 4 different
        > models before I could find two that gave me acceptable results. I
        > realize that if there is a volume control on cord you'd better forget
        > it! The voice of the singer is completely unaudible and you get only
        > the base.

        Make sure the equalizer and volume boost are turned off. It sounds like
        you might have the equalizer configured strangely. The equalizer in
        Pocket Tunes does not always work like a real equalizer and can cause
        some MP3 files to sound weird. There are details in the FAQ (available
        on our web site www.pocket-tunes.com ) for getting the most out of the
        equalizer.

        Take care,
        Tim