Re: [pockettunes] pTunes and audible.com books

  • Deidre McCalla
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
      i have audible books on my palm and as far as i've experienced, Pocket Tunes does not see the audible files. i think the audible files are proprietary.
    • Beverly Kurtin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
        As far as I know, no. Ptunes won't play Audible files as they use
        their own format which is not compatible with any other reader than
        theirs.

        That said, there is a work around, but one I would not suggest. Get a
        free copy of the free Audacity recorder (just type Audacity in Google)
        to locate the download. Then play the entire audible program, then
        save as MP3. But why bother? Audible's player has a fairly small
        footprint on your system and allows you to bookmark automatically.

        Bev Kurtin
        Fort Worth TX

        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, Egídio Leitão <egidioleitao@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi.
        >
        > I was wondering if pTunes is compatible with ebooks downloaded from
        > audible.com? They have their own player that you get when you join,
        but
        > it'd be nicer if pTunes could handle those files. Is that possible?
        >

        > --
        >
        > Egídio

      • longview_92
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
          no idea dude

          Egídio Leitão wrote:

          > Hi.
          >
          > I was wondering if pTunes is compatible with ebooks downloaded from
          > audible.com? They have their own player that you get when you join,
          but
          > it'd be nicer if pTunes could handle those files. Is that possible?
          >

          > --
          >
          > Egídio

        • Randy Miller
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
            I use a Tungsten T3 and I have not been able to get the audible files to
            play with p-Tunes. In addition be careful if you listen at night and
            leave audible run all night. I takes over the audio and any alarms will
            not work. They may also put your unit is an interesting mode where it
            will emit a high freqency squeal which can only be silenced by a soft
            reset.

            Randall F. Miller Jr. - CBNT
            Senior Engineer WITF-TV / FM / Radio PA
            1982 Locust Lane