pocket tunes delux

  • sbalaney49
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2005
      I had pocket tunes basic with my Palm TX. But when I downloaded a
      trial for pocket tunes delux it removed my previous registration of
      pocket tunes basic and keep saying I have 4 days to try pocket tunes.
      Any way to get back to my bundled pocket tunes which came with my Palm
      TX.
      Thankx
    • Josh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
        Haha. I just joined and I have the same question.

        Did you have any luck? I can't figure out how to get rid of it...

        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "sbalaney49" <sbalaney49@y...>
        wrote:

        > I had pocket tunes basic with my Palm TX. But when I downloaded a
        > trial for pocket tunes delux it removed my previous registration of
        > pocket tunes basic and keep saying I have 4 days to try pocket tunes.
        > Any way to get back to my bundled pocket tunes which came with my
        Palm
        > TX.
        > Thankx

      • Brian Morrison
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2006
          On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:49:36 -0000 in dq29q0+oq35@... "Josh"
          <kamikaze707@...> wrote:

          > Did you have any luck? I can't figure out how to get rid of it...

          Simply install the special version of PT from the CD supplied with the
          TX, it will be in the list of applications for installation reached via
          the start screen when the CD is autorun or when autorun is started
          manually.

          --

          Brian Morrison

          tunes at fenrir dot org dot uk
        • Aaron Chang
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 11, 2006
            Delete the Pocket Tunes Deluxe from your TX. I believe the version that
            came with your TX is stored on the ROM chip. If not, it is on your install
            CD.

            _____

            wrote:

            > I had pocket tunes basic with my Palm TX. But when I downloaded a
            > trial for pocket tunes delux it removed my previous registration of
            > pocket tunes basic and keep saying I have 4 days to try pocket tunes.
            > Any way to get back to my bundled pocket tunes which came with my
            Palm
            > TX.
            > Thankx

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "pockettunes
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes> " on the web.

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            _____

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2006
              Hello,

              With any of the versions of Pocket Tunes that came factory installed
              in your device (like the LifeDrive and T|X) you can always return to
              that version by deleting Pocket Tunes. Just delete Pocket Tunes using
              the 'Delete' function found in the menu of the 'Applications' program
              of your device. Because the version bundled with those devices is in
              the ROM, deleting the Trial version will restore the bundled version.

              On the latest update (3.1.3) we did change things so that if you
              install the Trial version, your Registration Code will not be wiped.
              You will get a 15 day free trial of Pocket Tunes Deluxe and at the end
              of that time, Pocket Tunes will simply revert back to the bundled
              version that came with your device. However it will retain any of the
              bug fixes in the update. And if you decide to upgrade to Pocket Tunes
              Deluxe, just enter your Registration Code in the 'About Pocket Tunes'
              screen.

              Similarly, if you already have a Registration Code for Pocket Tunes
              version 3 and install the latest update and you get a message about
              your Trial period (though Pocket Tunes should retain your code when
              you are simply updating). Go to the Pocket Tunes Help menu, click on
              'About Pocket Tunes', if there is a number beneath the words
              'Registration Code' , highlight it with your stylus and enter your
              Registration Code in its place. If there is no number there just tap
              right above the dotted line to place the cursor there, then enter your
              Registration Code. Then press done and Pocket Tunes should then thank
              you for registering.

              If you have any issues with registering or with the bundled version
              please contact support: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/scripts/support.php

              Take care,
              Dave
              NormSoft, Inc.
              www.normsoft.com

              --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Josh" <kamikaze707@y...> wrote:

              > Haha. I just joined and I have the same question.
              >
              > Did you have any luck? I can't figure out how to get rid of it...
              >
              > --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "sbalaney49" <sbalaney49@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I had pocket tunes basic with my Palm TX. But when I downloaded a
              > > trial for pocket tunes delux it removed my previous registration of
              > > pocket tunes basic and keep saying I have 4 days to try pocket tunes.
              > > Any way to get back to my bundled pocket tunes which came with my
              > Palm
              > > TX.
              > > Thankx

            • simbaplt
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
                After the 15 days trial period, the new version of Pocket Tunes will
                revert back to the version that came with the T|X but it will retain
                the bug fixes added to the new version. So you get 15 days of Pocket
                Tunes Deluxe for free and all the bug fixes as well.

                I would advise against getting rid of the new version but we all have
                different opinions. If you would like to revert back to the version
                that came with the T|X, delete Pocket Tunes using the 'Delete'
                function found in the menu of the 'Applications' program of your
                device. Scroll down the list of applications, select "pTunes," click
                "Delete..." and then "Yes."