Re: [pockettunes] can't find latest download

  • R Mack
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2005
      --- byron_church <byronchurch@...> wrote:

      > Hi world.anybody have tips on finding most recent
      > download ?? I wish songs/P*casts would
      > stay in playlists so I wouldn't allways have to sort
      > through every song !!

      I don't think you can sort by "date added" in
      PocketTunes (but it would be cool -- MusicMatch
      Jukebox on my PC lets me do this now and I find it
      very useful).

      If all your audio files are in the same directory on
      your memory card, probably the only way to do this is
      to fire up FileZ, browse to the directory containing
      all your audio files, click on the inscrutable icon to
      the right of "Filename" to select the column you want
      to sort on (Created Date or Mod Date probably), and
      then click on the title of that column to sort by that
      date.

      If, like me, you find that your syncing method puts
      your MP3s in their own subdirectory by Artist/Album so
      that they are not all in the same directory, then I
      can't think of an easy way to find just the latest
      file on the Palm. If it was really important to find
      that file, you could take out your memory card, put it
      in a card reader, and then use your desktop search
      capabilities (Windows search or Sherlock or whatever)
      to search the card for *.mp3 and then sort the results
      by date created, but I suspect this is more work than
      you really want to do.

      I'm not quite sure what you mean by "I wish
      songs/P*casts would stay in playlists", but perhaps
      the Auto-bookmark feature would help you? It creates
      a bookmark for any song that is stopped partway
      through (I think that's how it works?) which you can
      then find later in the Bookmarks view. The preference
      to turn it on is available under "Bookmark prefs".

      HTH,

      -rob

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • byron church
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2005
        Thanks for the note.I don't have Jukebox I have a mac.mostly its a
        problem with pod casts as they are hard to distinguish from each
        other.what I meant by "wish they'd stay in play list "when I import
        songs to Tunes I put them in a play list but they also stay in the
        "pool"so they make finding new stuff a hassle .another peeve is Ptunes
        alphabetizes songs which screws up albums! Thanks again, Byron

        --
        byronchurch@...

        Byron Loves You !!!