Not Enough Memory

  • KMComeau
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      I just installed GoodLink on my Treo 650 and I started getting a
      message that there is not enough memory for Pocket-Tunes to start.
      This is odd, since there is actually more free memory on the palm than
      there was prior to my installing GoodLink since I moved a ton of stuff
      to the SD card. I've tried running directly from the device memory
      and from the SD card and I get the same error either way. Anyone have
      any advice?
    • Bill Gamble
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
        Apps on the Treo 650 are stored in the NVFS (a sort of "internal SD card")
        and when run are first copied into a piece of RAM, (sometimes called the DB
        Cache), about 10 Mb in size. If this cache is full and can't be cleared,
        there won't be enough room to run any more apps.

        There have been quite a few reports of Goodlink being a bit of a DB Cache
        hog. Performing a soft reset after running Goodlink should allow you to
        run Pocket Tunes; some people also perform a soft reset before running
        GoodLink, just to keep crashes to a minimum.

        There's an app out called DBCacheTool that might help you with this. I
        suggest reading up on it at the TreoCentral forums.
        ______
        Bill
        Try Spam Interceptor
        http://si20.com/?ref=117

        >I just installed GoodLink on my Treo 650 and I started getting a
        >message that there is not enough memory for Pocket-Tunes to start.
        >This is odd, since there is actually more free memory on the palm than
        >there was prior to my installing GoodLink since I moved a ton of stuff
        >to the SD card. I've tried running directly from the device memory
        >and from the SD card and I get the same error either way. Anyone have
        >any advice?
      • jtscherne
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
          I'm getting this error and now I can't run the program. I've done a
          warm reset and a system reset. I'm not running the
          program "Goodlink" and I find this to be extremely frustrating. The
          program isn't much good to me if it doesn't work and stops working
          with no easy way to get it started again.

          --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, Bill Gamble <wwgamble@y...> wrote:
          > Apps on the Treo 650 are stored in the NVFS (a sort of "internal SD
          card")
          > and when run are first copied into a piece of RAM, (sometimes
          called the DB
          > Cache), about 10 Mb in size. If this cache is full and can't be
          cleared,
          > there won't be enough room to run any more apps.
          >
          > There have been quite a few reports of Goodlink being a bit of a DB
          Cache
          > hog. Performing a soft reset after running Goodlink should allow
          you to
          > run Pocket Tunes; some people also perform a soft reset before
          running
          > GoodLink, just to keep crashes to a minimum.
          >
          > There's an app out called DBCacheTool that might help you with
          this. I
          > suggest reading up on it at the TreoCentral forums.
          > ______
          > Bill
          > Try Spam Interceptor
          > http://si20.com/?ref=117

        • Bill Gamble
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
            How much available RAM do you have?
            ______
            Bill
            Try Spam Interceptor
            http://si20.com/?ref=117

            >I'm getting this error and now I can't run the program. I've done a
            >warm reset and a system reset. I'm not running the
            >program "Goodlink" and I find this to be extremely frustrating. The
            >program isn't much good to me if it doesn't work and stops working
            >with no easy way to get it started again.
            >

            >--- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, Bill Gamble <wwgamble@y...> wrote:
            >> Apps on the Treo 650 are stored in the NVFS (a sort of "internal SD
            >card")
            >> and when run are first copied into a piece of RAM, (sometimes
            >called the DB
            >> Cache), about 10 Mb in size. If this cache is full and can't be
            >cleared,
            >> there won't be enough room to run any more apps.
            >>
            >> There have been quite a few reports of Goodlink being a bit of a DB
            >Cache
            >> hog. Performing a soft reset after running Goodlink should allow
            >you to
            >> run Pocket Tunes; some people also perform a soft reset before
            >running
            >> GoodLink, just to keep crashes to a minimum.
            >>
            >> There's an app out called DBCacheTool that might help you with
            >this. I
            >> suggest reading up on it at the TreoCentral forums.
            >> ______
            >> Bill
            >> Try Spam Interceptor
            >> http://si20.com/?ref=117

          • Joel W Tscherne
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
              15 meg. I finally deleted it and re-installed and
              it's working again. I have heard from my official
              inquiry. They thought a soft reset should have
              corrected it and it didn't. I'll have to keep
              watching it.

              ---------------------------------

              wrote:
              >I'm getting this error and now I can't run the
              program. I've done a
              >warm reset and a system reset. I'm not running the
              >program "Goodlink" and I find this to be extremely
              frustrating. The
              >program isn't much good to me if it doesn't work and
              stops working
              >with no easy way to get it started again.
              >

              >--- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, Bill Gamble
              <wwgamble@y...> wrote:
              >> Apps on the Treo 650 are stored in the NVFS (a sort
              of "internal SD
              >card")
              >> and when run are first copied into a piece of RAM,
              (sometimes
              >called the DB
              >> Cache), about 10 Mb in size. If this cache is full
              and can't be
              >cleared,
              >> there won't be enough room to run any more apps.
              >>
              >> There have been quite a few reports of Goodlink
              being a bit of a DB
              >Cache
              >> hog. Performing a soft reset after running
              Goodlink should allow
              >you to
              >> run Pocket Tunes; some people also perform a soft
              reset before
              >running
              >> GoodLink, just to keep crashes to a minimum.
              >>
              >> There's an app out called DBCacheTool that might
              help you with
              >this. I
              >> suggest reading up on it at the TreoCentral forums.
              >> ______
              >> Bill
              >> Try Spam Interceptor
              >> http://si20.com/?ref=117