Re: VBR MP3s and seeking

  • Steven Grimm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      Thanks for the reply. I've been encoding my MP3s with J. River's Media
      Center; it does in fact write out the Xing headers to its files. I
      just downloaded the vbfrix program referenced in that article and it
      confirms the tags are there. Also, TCPMP has no trouble figuring out
      the correct length (and it does so quickly enough that I doubt it's
      scanning the whole file to compute the length from scratch.)

      Perhaps it's that the files are on the large side -- these are
      ~30-minute-long tracks (language lessons) at 16-17MB each.

      -Steve