Re: Streaming from PC to Zire72

  • eflyersteve
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31 2:58 PM

      > Hi Steve,
      >
      > For instructions on how to stream Shoutcast stations you can check the
      > user guide here
      > http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettunes/docs/readme.html#ShoutCast.
      > Make sure that Pocket Tunes is in your Zire's RAM not on a card.
      >
      > The most effective way I've found is to access Shoutcast via my
      > browser on my Palm (WebPro in my case). After you listen to a station
      > once on Pocket Tunes it will remmebr the station address for future
      > listens so you don't even need to go to the browser again.
      >
      > One thing to note that it's not actually the audio that is being sent
      > so you can't tune into shoutcast on your desktop and send the audio
      > signal via bluetooth to your Palm. You need to get the address of the
      > station into Pocket Tunes and selecting the station throug the browser
      > will do that.
      >
      > Let us know if you have any questions.
      > Dave

      Thanks for the reply - I can stream from the internet without any
      problems. However I would like to stream local audio files from my PC
      to my Zire - I just am not sure of the correct URL to input for my
      home PC. This assumes it can be done which I would imagine it could.
      Do I need to setup some sort of server on my PC or can I just input
      the location from my PC and start streaming?

      Any insight into how to do this would be appreciated,

      Steve
    • DAJones99
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "eflyersteve" <eflyersteve@y...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks for the reply - I can stream from the internet without any
        > problems. However I would like to stream local audio files from my PC
        > to my Zire - I just am not sure of the correct URL to input for my
        > home PC. This assumes it can be done which I would imagine it could.
        > Do I need to setup some sort of server on my PC or can I just input
        > the location from my PC and start streaming?
        >
        > Any insight into how to do this would be appreciated,
        >
        > Steve

        Hi Steve,

        Sorry misunderstood what you were looking for. I've never streamed
        local files directly so I am not sure how you would do it. If anyone
        else has, please let us know.

        That being said I have been able to play my local files via the
        Gloonet service that is currently in Beta. The announce on this group
        is here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes/message/4266. Of
        course it is in Beta and is really intended for when you are away from
        your computer with your music files but you could try it.

        Dave