RE: [pockettunes] Re: choose songs

  • Tim Norman
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1 4:24 PM
      > I'm also very curious about this. I was able to upload
      > several albums, but= in order to play them in shuffle mode, I
      > created a playlist with all songs and then played t= hem. Is
      > there an easier way to simply select the albums and click
      > shuffle? Is that supporte= d in 3.0.1?

      I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can select an entire album
      by doing the following:

      - Tap the open button (or select "Open" from the "Actions" menu).
      - On the Choose Songs screen, select "All" in the upper-right corner.
      - Select Album.
      - Select the name of the album.
      - Tap "Select All".

      Let me know if that's what you were looking for.

      Take care,
      Tim Norman
      NormSoft, Inc.
      www.normsoft.com
    • ticodave20
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1 4:28 PM
        along similiar lines, is it possible to queue up songs while you are
        listening? if i am playing a song, can i select a song to play next
        without creating a playlist? opening a song seems to replace the one
        currently playing. it would be useful to be able to build a list of
        songs "on the fly".

        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Norman" <tim@n...> wrote:
        > > I'm also very curious about this. I was able to upload
        > > several albums, but= in order to play them in shuffle mode, I
        > > created a playlist with all songs and then played t= hem. Is
        > > there an easier way to simply select the albums and click
        > > shuffle? Is that supporte= d in 3.0.1?
        >
        > I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can select an
        entire album
        > by doing the following:
        >
        > - Tap the open button (or select "Open" from the "Actions" menu).
        > - On the Choose Songs screen, select "All" in the upper-right
        corner.
        > - Select Album.
        > - Select the name of the album.
        > - Tap "Select All".
        >
        > Let me know if that's what you were looking for.
        >
        > Take care,
        > Tim Norman
        > NormSoft, Inc.
        > www.normsoft.com
      • Tim Norman
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1 4:34 PM
          > along similiar lines, is it possible to queue up songs while
          > you are listening? if i am playing a song, can i select a
          > song to play next without creating a playlist? opening a song
          > seems to replace the one currently playing. it would be
          > useful to be able to build a list of songs "on the fly".

          Can't do this yet, but it is a common request, so it should eventually
          bubble up to the top of our todo list. :)

          Take care,
          Tim Norman
          NormSoft, Inc.
          www.normsoft.com
        • Egidio
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1 7:38 PM
            --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Norman" <tim@n...> wrote:

            > I'm not sure exactly what you're asking,

            Tim,

            Sorry I did not make it clear what I was looking for. Let me try again. S=
            ay, for example, I
            have 7 albums on the SD card. I do not want to play each album separately.=
            What I would
            like to do is select all albums from the album list (without going into eac=
            h separately) and
            click "shuffle" to play those albums at random. Is that possible?

            Right now, what I did was to select each album, get the track listing, sele=
            ct all tracks and
            add them to a new playlist. I did that with all 7 albums. So, in the end =
            I had all tracks in a
            playlist. It seems a bit cumbersome to do that. It'd be easier if I could=
            just click on the
            albums and select "shuffle."

            Thanks for your feedback.

            --
            EgĂ­dio
          • Tim Norman
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2 7:03 AM
              > Right now, what I did was to select each album, get the track
              > listing, sele= ct all tracks and add them to a new playlist.
              > I did that with all 7 albums. So, in the end = I had all
              > tracks in a playlist. It seems a bit cumbersome to do that.
              > It'd be easier if I could= just click on the albums and
              > select "shuffle."

              Your workaround is the best way to do that, right now. You can use the
              "Select All" button to select the tracks quickly.

              If you want to shuffle through all the music on your card, you can select
              "All Content" and then tap "Select All" from the Choose Songs screen. But I
              think you want to play a subset of what's available on your card.

              Take care,
              Tim Norman
              NormSoft, Inc.
              www.normsoft.com
            • Egidio
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3 4:40 AM
                --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Norman" <tim@n...> wrote:

                > If you want to shuffle through all the music on your card, you can select
                > "All Content" and then tap "Select All" from the Choose Songs screen. But I
                > think you want to play a subset of what's available on your card.

                I suppose that the "All Content" option is on the Deluxe version of PTunes. The menu for
                Choose Songs in my version does not give me the option for "All Content." Can you please
                confirm that this is an option in the Deluxe version?

                Thanks in advance.

                --
                Egidio
              • Tim Norman
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3 5:26 AM
                  > I suppose that the "All Content" option is on the Deluxe
                  > version of PTunes. The menu for Choose Songs in my version
                  > does not give me the option for "All Content." Can you
                  > please confirm that this is an option in the Deluxe version?

                  This is available in both Basic and Deluxe with version 3.0 and later. To
                  browse through the music by album/artist/etc., you must select "All" in the
                  upper-right corner of the "Choose Songs" screen.

                  Take care,
                  Tim Norman
                  NormSoft, Inc.
                  www.normsoft.com