treo 600 audio

  • imuscle2004
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2004
      I have the treo 600 and downloaded pocket tunes. I noticed that the
      audio comes out of the speakerphone only. When I hook up a headset,
      the audio still comes out of the speakerphone. Is this how it's
      supposed to work?
    • lyov-70nf@spamex.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2004
        On 01.05.2004 16:26 +0000 IMUSCLE@... wrote:

        | I have the treo 600 and downloaded pocket tunes. I noticed that the
        | audio comes out of the speakerphone only. When I hook up a headset,
        | the audio still comes out of the speakerphone. Is this how it's
        | supposed to work?

        Why can't I hear any music through my headset on my Treo 600?

        In order to play music through headphones on the Treo 600, you will need
        the stereo headphone adapter that Handspring sells on the Accessories page
        of their web site. Music will not play through the headset that is included
        with your Treo.

        <http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettunes/docs/faq.html>

        --
        Christian
      • Gerald Shook
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2004
          In order to play music through regular stereo headphones on the Treo 600,
          you will need the stereo headphone adapter that Handspring sells on the
          Accessories page of their web site. They also sell a Stereo Headphone set
          that does not require the adapter. Music will play through the headset that
          is included with your Treo if you hold down the button. Please note that
          adapters sold at Radio Shack and other retail outlets may not work. The
          Handspring adapter is custom made.

          Also, we've learned of a perhaps better alternative available at
          <http://pc-mobile.net/treo600> http://pc-mobile.net/treo600. They sell a
          CABLE with a 2.5mm male and 3.5mm female (TR2J3).

          But even more interesting is their Retractable Audio/Headset Adapter, TR6AA.
          It lets you listen to music like the TR2J3 does, BUT IT LETS YOU USE YOUR
          HIGH-QUALITY STEREO HEADPHONES FOR PHONE CONVERSATIONS! The TR6AA includes a
          Mic. Just flip a switch on the TR6AA when you get a phone call and push the
          receive button. Since Pocket Tunes goes into PAUSE when the phone rings, you
          can do this without even touching the Treo!

          For our Canadian friends, Radio Shack sells an adapter (Their Canadian
          part#274-0373) for $6 which provides the same functionality as the Palm
          adapter (2.5mm to 3.5mm), except that it is available in most towns without
          the high cost of shipping (e.g. $25 to Canada from USA).

          You may wish to use it with the "SkullCandy" headset that is also sold by
          Radio Shack.
          The GREAT thing is that with the adapter above headset is that you can be
          listening to STEREO music and then when a phone call comes in it stops the
          MP3 player and lets you use the mike / headset speakers to speak with the
          person!

          gerald@normsoft

          _____

          I have the treo 600 and downloaded pocket tunes. I noticed that the
          audio comes out of the speakerphone only. When I hook up a headset,
          the audio still comes out of the speakerphone. Is this how it's
          supposed to work?

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129g4ais4/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups
          /S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1083517253/A=1894285/R=2/id=noscript/SIG=118tuuldn/*htt
          p://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=1894285/rand=414096018>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • burkhardi
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 10, 2004
            So it is normal to only hear the left channle audio on a Treo600 when
            using the exterenal speaker?

            I just noticed this today, when a song I know was missing lyrics that
            I konw were there, and they do play on the right side.

            So this is not a bug in PT, nor a issue with my Treo600 being broken
            then, it's normal.

            THansk,Matt
          • Gerald Shook
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 10, 2004
              Yes, it's normal. One of the many "what were they thinking???" problems with
              the Treo, like why did they put a low-res screen on such an expensive device
              and why did they design a custom headset jack that doesn't work with regular
              headphones...

              _____

              So it is normal to only hear the left channle audio on a Treo600 when
              using the exterenal speaker?

              I just noticed this today, when a song I know was missing lyrics that
              I konw were there, and they do play on the right side.

              So this is not a bug in PT, nor a issue with my Treo600 being broken
              then, it's normal.

              THansk,Matt

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12944kvmg/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups
              /S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1086948213/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http://www.netf
              lix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
              :HM/A=2164330/rand=166259762>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • Jason Stare
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 10, 2004
                As to the speaker, I have no idea why that is either.
                However, as to the headset, it's not custom. The
                Treo600 is marketed as a cell phone, so I'd imagine
                they wanted current cell phone headsets to work with
                it.

                --- Gerald Shook <gerald@...> wrote:
                > Yes, it's normal. One of the many "what were they
                > thinking???" problems with
                > the Treo, like why did they put a low-res screen on
                > such an expensive device
                > and why did they design a custom headset jack that
                > doesn't work with regular
                > headphones...
                >
                > _____

                =====
                --------------------------------------
                ~Jason Stare
                http://www.justasimpleonlinenerd.com
                Defining Off-Topic

                http://messenger.yahoo.com/
              • louis-pda
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 10, 2004
                  > Subject: Re: treo 600 audio, only one channel via ext speaker?
                  >
                  > So it is normal to only hear the left channle audio on a Treo600 when
                  > using the exterenal speaker?
                  >
                  > I just noticed this today, when a song I know was missing lyrics that
                  > I konw were there, and they do play on the right side.
                  >
                  > So this is not a bug in PT, nor a issue with my Treo600 being broken
                  > then, it's normal.

                  Nothing wrong with PT or Treo. That's the way it works apparently. I ripped my CDs into mono (vs. stereo) ogg files. (I can only hear out of one ear, so this is fine for headphone use too). If you don't plan to use the headphones often, you can find the setting and make your mp3s, oggs, etc. into mono format.

                  Louis

                  ========
                  "Admiral" Louis Caplan 1998 Kawasaki Concours Fairfax, VA
                  Please consider helping me support the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
                  http://www.geocities.com/nighthawk700/rideforkids.htm
                • burkhardi
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 13, 2004
                    Gerald
                    Kudos on the WMA addition to PT. I will upgrade to V3.0 when I get
                    back to the USA. Can you add a setting in the menu or GUI to change
                    form stero or mono. Or if there is already a way to do it, please let
                    me know.
                    Thanks again for making my Treo a Rio! Matt

                    --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Shook" <gerald@n...>
                    wrote:
                    > Yes, it's normal. One of the many "what were they thinking???"
                    problems with
                    > the Treo, like why did they put a low-res screen on such an
                    expensive device
                    > and why did they design a custom headset jack that doesn't work
                    with regular
                    > headphones...
                    >
                    > _____

                    subject=Unsubscribe>

                    Service
                    > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  • Jim Altman
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 19, 2004
                      Hear hear! We need a mono button! p-t said they'd consider adding
                      if enough people ask for it. Go to their support page and ask for
                      it.

                      jaltman@...

                      --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "burkhardi" <burkhardi@h...>

                      =