Re: Another day, another beta (1.3b3)

  • grmcwn <graemec@ozemail.com.au>
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi Tim

      Bad news buddy ... still getting an error. Here are some steps:

      **NO ERROR**
      1. Start Pocket Tunes and press play ... OGG file starts playing.
      2. Press MemoPad button taking me to MemoPad
      3. Swipe to bring up console
      4. Press OK
      5. No crash

      **ERROR 1**
      1. Start Pocket Tunes and press play ... OGG file starts playing.
      2. Press MemoPad button taking me to MemoPad
      3. Swipe to bring up console
      4. Press OK
      5. No crash
      6. Swipe to bring up Console again gives "UIPatches.c, Line:492, Pen
      q out of sync".

      **ERROR 2**
      1. Start Pocket Tunes and press play ... OGG file starts playing.
      2. Press MemoPad button taking me to MemoPad
      3. Swipe to bring up console
      4. Press Open Pocket Tunes
      5. No crash
      6. Swipe to bring up Console gives "UIPatches.c, Line:492, Pen q out
      of sync".
      7. Solution ?? Disable swipe whilt in Pocket Tunes player.

      **ERROR 3**
      1. Start Pocket Tunes and press play ... OGG file starts playing.
      2. Press Home button
      3. Swipe to bring up console
      4. Press OK
      5. Console disappears but portion of screen where console was fails
      to redraw.
      6. No crash
      7. Tap Pocket Tunes to launch application and error "UIPatches.c,
      Line:492, Pen q out of sync".

      **ERROR 4**
      1. Start Pocket Tunes and press play ... OGG file starts playing.
      2. Press MemoPad button taking me to MemoPad
      3. Swipe to bring up console
      4. Press Open Pocket Tunes
      5. No crash
      6. Tap Home icon gives "UIPatches.c, Line:492, Pen q out of sync".

      **ERROR 5**
      1. Start Pocket Tunes and press play ... OGG file starts playing.
      2. Press MemoPad button taking me to MemoPad
      3. Swipe to bring up console
      4. Press Open Pocket Tunes
      5. No crash
      6. Press MemoPad button taking me to MemoPad
      7. Tap Home icon gives "UIPatches.c, Line:492, Pen q out of sync".

      Hope the above examples provide further assistance to diagnosing the
      problem.

      Graeme
      Perth, Australia
      T|T OS5, No hacks, system patches or **leaked** sound patch
      installed.

      --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "TimothyNNorman <tim@n...>"
      <tim@n...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > 1.3 beta 3 is ready to try out at http://www.pocket-
      > tunes.com/beta.html
      >
      > The only change is to try to fix the "pen q out of sync" error.
      If

    • TimothyNNorman <tim@normsoft.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2003
        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "grmcwn <graemec@o...>"
        <graemec@o...> wrote:
        > Bad news buddy ... still getting an error. Here are some steps:

        Argh! It's frustrating not to be able to reproduce this on my
        Palm. Many thanks for your helpful feedback!

        The strange thing is, we _are_ disabling the pen swipe when you are
        in Pocket Tunes. So it's very odd that it is causing a crash at
        that point in time.

        I had another idea about what might be the problem, and I built a
        new beta (beta 4), which is available at the usual place:

        http://www.pocket-tunes.com/beta.html

        When you have a chance, give this a try, and let me know if I got it
        right this time. :)

        Take care,
        Tim
      • icm52@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2003
          Well done! Beta 3 is not crashing the TT with the pen sync error, which I had
          been getting with all the previous betas.

          Ian
        • icm52@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2003
            Forget that.... I mean 1.3b4 of course....which is good...getting confused!

            Ian
          • ianjohndavenport <ian.davenport@ntlworld
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2003
              --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, icm52@a... wrote:
              > Forget that.... I mean 1.3b4 of course....which is good...getting
              confused!

              > Ian

              I'm also not seeing this problem with the console anymore with 1.3b4,
              thanks, and I still haven't seen any resets while background playing.
              Nice work!
            • grmcwn <graemec@ozemail.com.au>
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2003
                Hi Tim

                Everything is working OK but for "error 3" I reported with the
                screen redraw.

                This is only apparent when using my default launcher which is
                ZLauncher. When I use Palms launcher ... no problems.

                Well done mate :-) Great software and glad I registered as you
                certainly respond to user input and ideas.

                Cheers.

                Graeme
                Perth, Ausralia

                --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "ianjohndavenport