What stations have you found

  • DAJones99
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi there,

      I bought PT after the crossfade feature was added. Before that I was
      back and forth between it and the aerone I mean other one (of course
      there is the 'real one' too but I don't count it).

      I have to say with the additions to this program I have have not
      regretted my decision to purchase PT delux.

      Now to my reason for posting. I'm sitting here listening to an
      internet station from completely the other end os the planet, pumping
      it through my home system. So far I've found that I have use the lo
      bandwith links even though I have broadband, I believe it is my crappy
      D-Link bluetooth adaptor that is limiting me there. The other thing I
      have found is that you have to persist with the stations. I get
      probably 5 or 6 'unable to play audio file' messages until I hook into
      a station. But persistance does often pay off.

      I was wondering what links people had for sites they have managed to
      get working using Shoutcast on PT.

      Here are 2 I've managed to get working consistently:

      http://www.mostlyclassical/mp3/classical24k.pls
      http://sentinel.str3am.com:10520/listen.pls

      The second station is an 80's music station. It's a little too
      mainstream for my tate but I have always been able to log into it,
      some might enjoy it. The classical station is great, really great
      selection.

      So what do other people have? Would love to know.

      Dave
      PS. A couple of things that would be nice to be added:
      -it would be great if there was a way for PT to tell you whether it is
      not able to log into a station because of traffic or because you have
      the URL wrong
      -a way to edit a URL you add in would be great too
      My 2 cents, I know it's in Beta so these may already be addressed....
      fabulous program though!

      BTW if anyone has suggestions on improving connections between the
      Tungsten TT and my bluetooth dongle to play higher streams, I'd
      appreciate it!
    • garyduke_yeah
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
        I love listening to http://62.179.101.66:7143

        May not be your bag though.

        Gary

        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "DAJones99" <dajones99@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >
        > I bought PT after the crossfade feature was added. Before that I
        was
        > back and forth between it and the aerone I mean other one (of
        course
        > there is the 'real one' too but I don't count it).
        >
        > I have to say with the additions to this program I have have not
        > regretted my decision to purchase PT delux.
        >
        > Now to my reason for posting. I'm sitting here listening to an
        > internet station from completely the other end os the planet,
        pumping
        > it through my home system. So far I've found that I have use the lo
        > bandwith links even though I have broadband, I believe it is my
        crappy
        > D-Link bluetooth adaptor that is limiting me there. The other thing
        > have found is that you have to persist with the stations. I get
        > probably 5 or 6 'unable to play audio file' messages until I hook
        into
        > a station. But persistance does often pay off.
        >
        > I was wondering what links people had for sites they have managed
        > get working using Shoutcast on PT.
        >
        > Here are 2 I've managed to get working consistently:
        >
        > http://www.mostlyclassical/mp3/classical24k.pls
        > http://sentinel.str3am.com:10520/listen.pls
        >
        > The second station is an 80's music station. It's a little too
        > mainstream for my tate but I have always been able to log into it,
        > some might enjoy it. The classical station is great, really great
        > selection.
        >
        > So what do other people have? Would love to know.
        >
        > Dave
        > PS. A couple of things that would be nice to be added:
        > -it would be great if there was a way for PT to tell you whether it
        is
        > not able to log into a station because of traffic or because you
        have
        > the URL wrong
        > -a way to edit a URL you add in would be great too
        > My 2 cents, I know it's in Beta so these may already be
        addressed....
        > fabulous program though!
        >
        > BTW if anyone has suggestions on improving connections between the
        > Tungsten TT and my bluetooth dongle to play higher streams, I'd
        > appreciate it!
      • DAJones99
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
          Thanks Gary, I saw the other links in your other post about your crash
          (sorry to hear about it). Haven't had a chance to check out the sites
          you gave but I will tonight! I'm really liking this new feature. Never
          listened to internet radio before.

          Thanks again Gary!
          Dave

          --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "garyduke_yeah" <garyduke@i...>