Re: m3u planned?

  • melevittfl
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, Larry Garfield <larry@g...> wrote:

      > I'm not Tim so I don't know how hard it would be, but it COULD be
      that
      > hard to implement. Bear in mind, as mentioned, m3u playlists often
      use
      > absolute paths. The absolute path on a PC looks nothing like the

      I've got a shared drive that stores all my mp3s and playlists. I had
      the same problem trying to get the playlists to work under both Linux
      and Windows.

      The solution was to create the directory structure as Artist->Album
      and then have the playlist in the album directory with only the file
      name, no path.

      Yes, it might be hard to deal with absolute paths and different path
      separetors, but Winamp doesn't deal with that either, so just ignore
      it.

      I would love this feature as well.
    • Niall O Broin
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
        On Wednesday 01 October 2003 09:58, melevittfl wrote:

        > Yes, it might be hard to deal with absolute paths and different path
        > separetors, but Winamp doesn't deal with that either, so just ignore
        > it.
        >
        > I would love this feature as well.

        Come on Tim - this feature is being repeatedly asked for. It CAN'T be that
        hard to implement. I have only one 256M card, and I regularly copy different
        music to it, and then have to manually build new ptunes playlists. It'd be so
        much easier if I could just copy m3us. Here's an offer - if you'll publish
        the spec/format for ptunes playlists, I'll write something to convert from
        m3u - can't be above a few lines of perl.

        Regards,

        Niall O Broin