m3u playlists

  • Michael J Gruber
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      AFAIK, PocketTunes recognizes only playlists created by PT. CD-rippers
      usually generate playlists in m3u-format. They are simply text files,
      listing the (relative or absolute) path to the mp3/ogg files. Is there
      any way PT could support m3u-playlists on VFS? That way you could copy
      your music including the playlists from your PC to your SD-card if you
      keep the same relative file structure. No more need to set up
      playlists in PT by hand for every album.

      Other than that: great player, good features for people who listen to
      music rather than watch it...

      BTW: Is there any way to get rid of the MP3-nagging message? I don't
      use mp3, so I don't want to pay for the MP3 license; but there's no
      way *not* to install the mp3-plugin, and the nagging message renders
      the "play on start" feature mostly useless.

      Michael
    • Brian Morrison
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
        On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:51:55 -0000, Michael J Gruber wrote:

        >BTW: Is there any way to get rid of the MP3-nagging message? I don't
        >use mp3, so I don't want to pay for the MP3 license; but there's no
        >way *not* to install the mp3-plugin, and the nagging message renders
        >the "play on start" feature mostly useless.

        Well, since the cost of PT is so low, you could just pay up and get
        that warm glow of having helped fund further PT development. I don't
        use MP3 either, but that's what I did....
      • Michael J Gruber
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
          --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Morrison" <tunes@f...> wrote:
          > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:51:55 -0000, Michael J Gruber wrote:
          >
          > >BTW: Is there any way to get rid of the MP3-nagging message? I don't
          > >use mp3, so I don't want to pay for the MP3 license; but there's no
          > >way *not* to install the mp3-plugin, and the nagging message renders
          > >the "play on start" feature mostly useless.
          >
          > Well, since the cost of PT is so low, you could just pay up and get
          > that warm glow of having helped fund further PT development. I don't
          > use MP3 either, but that's what I did....

          If it goes to PT's development - great! If it pays mp3-royalties, nuh.
          As a matter of fact, I'm still deciding between PocketTunes and
          AeroPlayer. PT doesn't have m3u playlists, AP, doesn't have "sticky
          playlists". I'll register the one who wins the race :)

          Michael