Re: [pockettunes] The station database

  • Guy Greenwood
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
      Simple answer is get another player.
      Wih Palm OS or Symbian, might have luck with Kinoma but no promises
      With Winmobile 6 it seems most of the continental US stations are still
      supported by Wunder Radio, but all my favorite Chinese stations lost support
      If you don't mind commercials, try the Tinein app for IOS, or Wunder Radio If
      you don't. Wunder is still my choice an old slow G2 Itouch, and would be if I
      had an Iphone

      I was a beta tester for Ptunes 4 & 5, and in their day were the best thing since
      sliced bread.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 13, 2012
        Many thanks to all who responded.

        I've got a number of alternative radio apps but I like Pocket Tunes which I have on my Palm Lifedrive (still working !) and iPod/iPhone.

        I'll hope my favourite station stream addresses continue unchanged.

        At least on the Lifedrive you can ender the stream address yourself. This doesn't seem to be available on iOS.

        Mark Hawkins

        There have been a large number of posts/questions about this on this "bulletin board"/blog. The man responsible for Normsoft has responded here to requests such as yours (although I don't remember if that specific request is answered.) His response was that he no longer had the resources or interest to do anything more with pockettunes. Things are tough all over the world.

        I too was disappointed with the loss. However, there are other options (depending on your hardware and software) some free, some only $1.00 or so. (I like TuneIn.)

        Good luck,
        JIm Bowers

        On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:35 PM, "Mark" <mark@...> wrote:

        > I came to this group after trying to find out why a station didn't work.
        >
        > I find Normsoft/Pocket Tunes has more or less shut up shop.
        >
        > The biggest issue for me is that as stations change addresses the catalog will go out of date.
        >
        > Has anyone approached Normsoft to make the catalogue open source in some way ?
        >
        > Mark Hawkins

      • Mario Gonzalez Jr
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2012
          One thing I liked about Pocket Tunes is that in some cases it could get the stream URL if you went to the site as if you were doing it on a pc or mac.

          Mario

          Sent from my iPad