The station database

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2012
      I came to this group after trying to find out why a station didn't work.

      I find Normsoft/Pocket Tunes has more or less shut up shop.

      The biggest issue for me is that as stations change addresses the catalog will go out of date.

      Has anyone approached Normsoft to make the catalogue open source in some way ?

      Mark Hawkins
    • Guy Greenwood
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
        Simple answer is get another player.
        Wih Palm OS or Symbian, might have luck with Kinoma but no promises
        With Winmobile 6 it seems most of the continental US stations are still
        supported by Wunder Radio, but all my favorite Chinese stations lost support
        If you don't mind commercials, try the Tinein app for IOS, or Wunder Radio If
        you don't. Wunder is still my choice an old slow G2 Itouch, and would be if I
        had an Iphone

        I was a beta tester for Ptunes 4 & 5, and in their day were the best thing since
        sliced bread.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
          Dear Mark,

           Give up on Pocket Tunes much like the developer has
          and download the "TuneIn Radio" App.
          It is far superior to what Pocket Tunes was, and
          it is being kept up to date & it is a free app!

          Enjoy

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2012
            Mark,

            There have been a large number of posts/questions about this on this "bulletin board"/blog. The man responsible for Normsoft has responded here to requests such as yours (although I don't remember if that specific request is answered.) His response was that he no longer had the resources or interest to do anything more with pockettunes. Things are tough all over the world.

            I too was disappointed with the loss. However, there are other options (depending on your hardware and software) some free, some only $1.00 or so. (I like TuneIn.)

            Good luck,
            JIm Bowers

            On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:35 PM, "Mark" <mark@...> wrote:

            > I came to this group after trying to find out why a station didn't work.
            >
            > I find Normsoft/Pocket Tunes has more or less shut up shop.
            >
            > The biggest issue for me is that as stations change addresses the catalog will go out of date.
            >
            > Has anyone approached Normsoft to make the catalogue open source in some way ?
            >
            > Mark Hawkins

          • Mark Hawkins
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13, 2012
              Many thanks to all who responded.

              I've got a number of alternative radio apps but I like Pocket Tunes which I have on my Palm Lifedrive (still working !) and iPod/iPhone.

              I'll hope my favourite station stream addresses continue unchanged.

              At least on the Lifedrive you can ender the stream address yourself. This doesn't seem to be available on iOS.

              Mark Hawkins

              There have been a large number of posts/questions about this on this "bulletin board"/blog. The man responsible for Normsoft has responded here to requests such as yours (although I don't remember if that specific request is answered.) His response was that he no longer had the resources or interest to do anything more with pockettunes. Things are tough all over the world.

              I too was disappointed with the loss. However, there are other options (depending on your hardware and software) some free, some only $1.00 or so. (I like TuneIn.)

              Good luck,
              JIm Bowers

              On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:35 PM, "Mark" <mark@...> wrote:

              > I came to this group after trying to find out why a station didn't work.
              >
              > I find Normsoft/Pocket Tunes has more or less shut up shop.
              >
              > The biggest issue for me is that as stations change addresses the catalog will go out of date.
              >
              > Has anyone approached Normsoft to make the catalogue open source in some way ?
              >
              > Mark Hawkins

            • Mario Gonzalez Jr
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 26, 2012
                One thing I liked about Pocket Tunes is that in some cases it could get the stream URL if you went to the site as if you were doing it on a pc or mac.

                Mario

                Sent from my iPad