Connection/Free trial/Purchase

  • williemail2004
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2011
      Hi I signed up today, downloaded a few files from MMedia Player
      Tried to Play only to be informed that I can't play WMA files till I pay some bread! which is a "problem" as I fully intended to Pay the
      US$19.95 (less in my Aussie Bucks) "but WHY do U guys offer a free trial if one can't listen in"?? it does look so nice on my TX but I'm sure I can't be the only person in the universe who thinks this a bit "strange"
      I really don't know much about WMA & use MP3 but I am sure that type of PR from your Co is somewhat suss?
      Then I thought What the Hec I'll just pay but how? there is no way to even give u some bread for overcoming this obvious hassle! your payment option is VERY messy. NO play & Can't pay!!
      I do want to get this into action Please Inform why & how!
      Regards, William.
      I am using Win XP with a palm TX with Garnetv5
    • Guy Greenwood
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2011
        I am surprised you still have a TX that came out before my Treo 600 8 years ago
        I retired 3 years later. If your TX can run PTunes 5 on a Palm platform, you
        will need to check WMA compatibility when installing the program after paying
        for it. In the day PTunes was the only game in town for phone and PDA media. 6
        years ago I was streaming early Internet audio on a Treo 600; WMA was an
        afterthought, and Apple wasn't yet a player. PTunes 5 syncs with Itunes, but
        other than for my Itouch, don't use it. PTunes radio works well on Apple Itouch
        & Phone

        Guy

        ________________________________

      • tigermail2008@gmail.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 12, 2011
            I don't think HP/Palm cares either. They hardly care about WebOS much less
            Garnet. I say either get a new phone or search in the dark corners of the
            internet for an activation code

            _____________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 12, 2011
              Well bud they gotta make a buck to survive, as does what is left of Palm. Only
              reason I get any support on my Treo Pro is Sprint my cell wireless provider
              likes my money, and it is only 3 years old with Win Mobile 6.1 Don't know if
              your device will support Kimona which also does video on a Treo 700P palm
              platform, but it might be worth a look. Have you tried Handago for other
              products?

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 12, 2011
                You keep saying HP Palm?!??! Palm is dead... as a company, PDA and OS. When you go to HP and ask them who they recommend please record it and place it on YouTube. I need a laugh. Also a far as a dead company, Palm, not knowing that an app is no longer available for their dead OS, Palm OS, is not surprising since the last few years Palm spent ignoring their developers.

                As a former user, I initially has reservation about leaving behind all of my apps but after Palm stuck me with the biggest PDA lemon (Treo 700p for only $600+ out of contract) they made it easier for me. Also I applaud the screens on the new devices. My vision got worst using that crappy display that every smartphone company insisted of using back then.

                So to recap here is a list of dead products:
                Palm Corporation = Dead
                PalmOS = Dead
                HotSync = Dead
                PocketTunes for PalmOS = Dead

                If you really must use PalmOS then get a used iPhone 2G, jailbreak it and buy style tap's palm emu.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 24, 2011
                  Gotta 700P sitting in a drawer pristine after 3 1/2 years of flawless use. Don't
                  know how many times I dropped it, or see through covered cases I destroyed; at
                  least 6. I bought the same Win Mobile apps for a Treo Pro, and a few more. For
                  years a Win Mobile 6.1 phone could open hot spots for a laptop, print to a
                  wireless network, and save attachments in a local folder. Until Iphone 4  There
                  wasn't better Apple product than my almost 3 year old Treo Pro. This OS is still
                  in common use on new phones, and similar versions of most of common Apps I use
                  will be available when I find