Re: [pockettunes] Re: 4G Limit on 16G Card on Centro using Pocket Tunes Sync

  • Mike Burger
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
      For what it's worth, I don't bother syncing via a program.

      I put my SD into a card reader, and I copy over whatever I want on the card.

      It works a lot faster, and then I can also use that card reader to
      listen to all the same material via my PC in situations where doing it
      via the phone is less practical (low battery, phone's on cradle, etc).

      YMMV, of course. ;-)

      --
      Mike Burger
      http://www.bubbanfriends.org

      Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

      or send a blank email to:

      site-update-subscribe@...

    • toymaker_71
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 25, 2009
        I think the problem is not that PTunes doesn't work playing large amounts of music on cards over 4GB, but the problem is getting the iTunes sync conduit to transfer more than 4GB of music. Which is my problem as well with my 8GB card.

        --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, LDwm <ldouglas@...> wrote:

        > I have an 8G card in my Treo 700p and no probs with PTunes. I know of people with 16G cards

      • Mike Burger
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 26, 2009
          > I think the problem is not that PTunes doesn't work playing large amounts
          > of music on cards over 4GB, but the problem is getting the iTunes sync
          > conduit to transfer more than 4GB of music. Which is my problem as well
          > with my 8GB card.
          >

          > --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, LDwm <ldouglas@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I have an 8G card in my Treo 700p and no probs with PTunes. I know of
          >> people with 16G cards

          But the BIOS of the PalmOS devices only knows about 4GB, and is only going
          to show that to the syncing app.

          See my reply in the other thread, regarding copying directly to the SD
          card via your PC in a card reader.

          --
          Mike Burger
          http://www.bubbanfriends.org

          Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

          or send a blank email message to:

          site-update-subscribe@...
        • toymaker_71
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 7, 2009
            Pocket Tunes conduit doesn't rely on the Palm Bios for the microSD communication. There are other music apps that sync with iTunes without the 4GB limitation. I tried one but didn't like the overall package. I'm hoping Pocket Tunes updates the sync conduit to work with larger cards soon.