10753PocketTunes Replacements on iDevices

  • divaberyl
    Jun 18, 2012
      Although I've used Pockettunes in one form or another since I used a
      Palmpilot. There are 4 features that needed to be replaced on my
      iPad/iPod/iPhone when, like Norm, I moved on. It was nice having all of
      these in one app but some good things do come to an end.
      Radio: All of my stations are found on iHeartradio and/or TuneIn
      Radio. These 2 "free" apps synchronize user favorites across multiple
      platforms as well. Podcast: I rarely use them so the stock (free)
      player suffices. I cannot recommend a replacementScanner: US Police
      Scanner ("free") (I accidentally purchased Norm's Pocket Tunes Police
      Emergency Scanner which also works but I don't know if he uses a feed
      that doesn't require on-going support.)Sirius/XM: Sirius/XM (free)
      and/or MusicDock ("free") - the developer provides NO support for it so
      some channels are missing

      *"free" is ad-supported but there may be "Pro" versions that remove
      --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "dblob1x2_x" <dblob1x2_x@...> wrote:

      > For quite a while now, Pocket Tunes, shows: "0% done updating radio
      > catalog", but I was too busy to find a solution. Today I decided to
      > find a fix and discovered Normsoft no longer supports PT on the
      iPhone,
      > which probably the answer to my problem. I guess I should be glad
      that
      > my favorites list includes most of the stations I listen to, since my
      > radio catalog has been static for some time.
      >
      > --- In pockettunes@yahoogroups.com, "DanielM" daniel.mackay@ wrote:
      > >
      > > What does it mean that Normsoft no longer supports Pocket Tunes?
      It's