10741Re: [pockettunes] Re: "We are sorry to say that we are no longer able to offer customer support."

  • Guy Greenwood
    Feb 25, 2012
      Find me a phone with as versatile a Calender as the 700P I put to pasture in my
      drawer cause it still looked so nice! My Treo Pro has a few new tricks on it's
      Windows mobile OS that make up for its Calender that sucks, but almost 4 years
      later, I haven't seen any new features anywhere that warrant a new phone. Having
      to buy a much more expensive data plan it I do doubles down on it.

      Plam OS streamed music on a Treo 600 and saved Email attachments using Ptunes
      around  late 2004. Iphone released in late 2007 took 2 years to learn how to
      stream music and wasn't half the phone of my 700P. My Treo Pro released in Late
      2008 came with features Iphone 3 released in 2009 didn't have until 2011.
      Only thing Win Moble 6.1 fell really hort on in the English version was language
      support. I tried installing Chinese support, but removed it because it made the
      OS unstable.

      Today after jumping through hoops, I had it confirmed my Treo Pro is on a slow
      death spiral and needs replacement under
      extended warranty. Looks like I might slowly be loosing streaming support
      for Wondur Radio which I started using after Ptunes lost most of my favorite
      stations. At least I can open a mobile hot-spot to support a streaming device
      with wi-fi. Since HTC designed the Treo Pro, when left no other choice, I will
      likely buy one of their keyboard phones on win mobile