10739Re: "We are sorry to say that we are no longer able to offer customer support."

  • donthb
    Feb 4, 2012
      Palm OS is not a walled garden the way iOS, Windows Phone and Android are (in that order). Find me a phone which is as open today as Palm OS has been and is as minimal a malware target, I will reconsider. Until such a device exists, I will wait until my phone dies and I am forced to deal with privacy issues of Android, the walled gardens and privacy issues of iOS or Windows Phone. Even webOS had these issues and developers, if they were to support the platform, were forced to open source their code. This last item, I think, is why webOS failed to get the developer support that many pundits think is required for a successful mobile platform.

      I believe mobile technology has taken as many steps forward as back.