NOT THE END OF THE "WORLD"

  • maria_heisch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
      Hello, I subscribe to and support a newsletter that explains the
      following.

      Some speak in fear of "The End Of The World" which, by the bible,
      is utterly absurd (at least not for the next thousand years),
      because according to the Book of Revelation "The kings of the earth
      who remain will be standing far off, watching a certain nation
      burn. (The entire world can't be burning if there are leaders from
      other nations watching.) It also says the merchants of the earth
      who remain will all be complaining that no one is available to buy
      their goods anymore, after which Christ will reign over these
      remaining nations for a thousand years. (Rev 18:7-11, 20:4)

      Before all that takes place, 1. God will "sic" the Arabs on the
      nation He intends to destroy; 2. He will have its top ten
      corporations move their assets (and jobs) to foreign soil; 3. He
      will have the towers that represent its financial strength brought
      to the ground; 4. Foreigners will move in and take over, opposing
      everything this nation's people try to do; 5. Tens of thousands
      will be killed by a single terrorist attack; 6. This nation will be
      financially destroyed; 7. Toward the end three of the world's
      leaders will die within a single thirty day period; 8. When its end
      does finally come there will be an explosion and fire strong enough
      to knock the earth off its axis; 9. This explosion will be so
      severe that men's dead bodies will fall out of the air, with no one
      left to gather them, nor to bury them; 10. Just as God destroyed
      Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring nations in such a way that
      they were burned off the face of the earth, so shall it be with this
      nation and both of its neighbors. (Far too many verses of scripture
      are cited for me to quote here.)

      The next part sounds really far out there, until you realize that
      our government has had everyone from its military, its brightest
      scientists and engineers, and even engineers from Exxon Oil try to
      disprove it, and they cannot. At any rate, since the 1920's our oil
      companies have been pumping vast amounts of water down into the
      earth to force oil and natural gas up out of what is known as the
      Hugoton Panhandle Natural Gas Reserve (which encompasses the entire
      N. American Continent). Now, gravity is pulling that water toward
      the center of the earth, causing the resulting vacuum to suck in
      oxygen from the earth's surface, which has created one incredibly
      huge gas and oxygen bomb under our entire continent. At a place
      just north of Pantex, where America stores its larger nuclear
      weapons, the H-P Reserve is less than fifty feet below the surface
      of the earth, and extremely vulnerable to just anything falling
      from the sky such as a meteor, or a bomb.

      The above is scary enough all by itself, until you realize that the
      third through fifth trumpets mentioned in the Book of Revelation
      describe an object it refers to as wormwood falling from the sky
      like a burning torch, and gaining entrance into what it refers to
      as "The Great Abyss", resulting in an explosion the likes of which
      the world has never known. In fact the Slavonic root for the place
      in the Ukraine named Chernobyl, which is synonymous with the world's
      worst nuclear disaster, has its roots in the term WORMWOOD!

      Yes, I know in advance that some will call me naive for even
      considering the above. But I say those who claim all the above is
      sheer coincidence are the ones who are truly naive. Especially
      since they have one issue which documents everything to be both
      logical, practical, and factual.

      I used the following link to subscribe to this newsletter.

      The_A-N_Newsletter@...

      Just type "sign me up" on the subject line then send it.

      Maria

      Maria_Heisch@...
    • Art Dunham
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
        Moderator,

        I think this is just a "teensy bit' off topic...

        Art Dunham

      • Rex Hutto
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
          > I think this is just a "teensy bit' off topic...

          Indeed. This same post appeared under another name on another list I
          moderate.
        • Jonathon Blake
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
            Art wrote:

            > I think this is just a "teensy bit' off topic...

            The list moderator is on his honeymoon for another two weeks.

            Rex wrote:

            > this same post appeared under another name on another list I moderate.

            I rejected it on two or three lists I moderate. It came in on at
            least two other lists (that have nothing to do with religion) with
            this ID. I _think_ I've seen on one or two other lists I subscribe
            to, that have nothing to do with religion.

            xan

            jonathon
            --
            Ethical conduct is a vice.
            Corrupt conduct is a virtue.

            Motto of Nacarima
          • APsit190
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2007
              Jonothan,
              I think this is the problem, that the owner is trying to run this
              group on his own. I remember the last time we had spam come through
              here, he was having difficulties in trying to keep up with things
              here, and you volunteered to help moderate this group. It looks like
              this hasn't happened yet.

              Blessings,
              Stephen (Phi 1:21).

              --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathon Blake"