Pocket e-sword WM5 and line wrap problem (with x51v)

  • Á·Ǽy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2006
      I had two problems with pocket e-sword reading Chinese bible in my
      Dell X51v which I couldn't find any solution from the web. Now I
      have got them solved and wish to let others know.

      The first problem is related to loading Pocket e-sword in my Dell
      x51v running WM5 with CE-StarII 2.8 as the Chinese OS. It always
      caused an exception error. I later found out the I need to set the
      region configuration to English (US or whatever) instead of Chinese
      (HKSAR or whatever).

      The second problem is that the Chinese doesn't line wrap. It makes
      reading rather difficult. It is due to the English PIE doesn't
      handle line wrap of Chinese properly. The Chinese OS CE-Star II is
      supposed to have an option to make IE line wrap properly for
      Chinese. However, some early versions of CE-Star II 2.8 has left out
      this option. One can get the latest version from the vendor website
      and this will provide the option which solves the line wrap problem.

      I can now enjoy using Chinese bible on the pocket e-sword.

      Chris Tse
    • pocketweather
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2006
        Great news!

        I am trying to do a similar thing with the Thai Bible for friends
        living in Thailand, as Thai has the same issue with line wrapping.

        The solution we are working towards is to modify the Thai Bible for
        PPC to have additional spaces within the text so that IE will
        automatically line break. That is the plan anyway.

        Adrian
      • yltansg
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2006
          Hi Chris,

          Thanks for sharing. I'm very glad to hear that you've overcome the
          word wrap problem for the chinese bible.

          I have a CUV-S in my pocket e-sword and has that word wrap problem.
          Can you share how I can go about to resolve the word wrap problem on
          my PDA pocket esword?

          Alfred.