Can anybody help?

  • alanmacza@eject.co.za
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 1, 2006
      Greetings Guys and wishing you a blessed New Year.

      I have a problem I am hoping somebody can help me with. I recently
      installed e-Sword on my new HP iPAQ, but it won't allow me to copy text
      from the Bible modules. I can select text, but as soon as I hold down
      the stylus on the screen I get the pop-up box with everything greyed-out
      except "Select All". This means I am unable to copy text to paste into
      the Editor. If I use the Commentary I get the same results while in the
      Editor it allows me to access all the functions on the pop-up menu.

      I have looked for settings in several places, but cannot find anything.

      Blessings
      Alan McNamara
      Johannesburg, South Africa

      BTW It seems to happen in modules downloaded from the e-Sword web site
      as well as modules created with BPeST.
    • Dan Gillen
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 1, 2006
        I have a Ipaq as well. Have been using Pocket E sword
        for a while. It does allow for both "select all" and
        "copy" only what you highlight. When you select a
        portion of the text and then hold down the stylus you
        should get options for copy (which will copy only the
        text you have selected) and select all.

        --- alanmacza@... wrote:

        > Greetings Guys and wishing you a blessed New Year.
        >
        > I have a problem I am hoping somebody can help me
        > with. I recently
        > installed e-Sword on my new HP iPAQ, but it won't
        > allow me to copy text
        > from the Bible modules. I can select text, but as
        > soon as I hold down
        > the stylus on the screen I get the pop-up box with
        > everything greyed-out
        > except "Select All". This means I am unable to copy
        > text to paste into
        > the Editor. If I use the Commentary I get the same
        > results while in the
        > Editor it allows me to access all the functions on
        > the pop-up menu.
        >
        > I have looked for settings in several places, but
        > cannot find anything.
        >
        > Blessings
        > Alan McNamara
        > Johannesburg, South Africa
        >
        > BTW It seems to happen in modules downloaded from
        > the e-Sword web site
        > as well as modules created with BPeST.

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • alanmacza@eject.co.za
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 1, 2006
          Dan

          That is the way it should work, in fact that is how it did work on my
          previous iPAQ. For some reason it only allows a "select all" option when
          I select text on this new PPC. I did wonder whether it had anything to
          do with the fact that the new PPC is running Windows Mobile 5 as its OS.

          Anybody got any thoughts?

          Blessings
          Alan McNamara
          Johannesburg, South Africa

        • letstalkpublications
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 2, 2006
            Allan,
            I'm still hoping more people will donate to my 'BeST/BPeST is so great
            I want to throw money at you so you can buy a new iPAQ' fund (ok, a
            shameless plug...) so I can't test it on an authentic Windows Mobile 5
            device, but I should be able to test it in emulation and I'll let you
            know what I find.

            In His Name,
            Ben.

            --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, <alanmacza@e...> wrote:

            > Dan
            >
            > That is the way it should work, in fact that is how it did work on my
            > previous iPAQ. For some reason it only allows a "select all" option when
            > I select text on this new PPC. I did wonder whether it had anything to
            > do with the fact that the new PPC is running Windows Mobile 5 as its OS.
            >
            > Anybody got any thoughts?
            >
            > Blessings
            > Alan McNamara
            > Johannesburg, South Africa

          • letstalkpublications
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 2, 2006
              Ok, so I put Pocket e-Sword on a Windows Mobile 5 emulator and when I
              held the 'stylus' down, I only got 'Select All' as well. I suspect
              you're right that it is something with Pocket e-Sword being written
              for an older version of the OS.

              In His Name,
              Ben.

              --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "letstalkpublications"