Re: [Pocket e-Sword] Creating new modules

  • kambiu
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
      I have used the xml format to create/import other Chinese version
      bibles into my pocker pc.

      --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "letstalkpublications"
      <ben.krueger@s...> wrote:

      > This is from my new FAQ:
      >
      > Q: What is the file format recognized by Ben's Pocket e-Sword Tool
      (BPeST)?

      > BPeST uses well formed XML files to import Bibles and
      Commentaries. By default, BeST creates a UTF-16 encoded file to
      ensure that all unicode characters are processed properly.

      > The schema is pretty straight forward. Within the <?xml> tag is
      the <PEIIMPORT> tag. BPeST ignores this, so you can use whatever
      you want. The elements in PEIIMPORT are as follows:
      > <Details>
      > <v>
      > <c>
      >
      > The 'Details' element has the following attributes:
      > Type
      > Abbreviation
      > Description
      > OT
      > NT
      > Strongs
      > Apocrypha
      > Font
      > Comments
      > The 'OT', 'NT', Strongs and Apocrypha fields are set to "1"
      or "0" depending upon whether the text has New Testament or Old
      Testament, Apocrypha, or contains Strongs references. Generally,
      these can be ignored, because BPeST watches the data as it processes
      it. Strongs doesn't seem to have any affect on the way that Pocket
      e-Sword operates, so I'm not sure whether it is truly needed.

      > The 'Type' attribute is not required for Bibles, but if the .XML
      only contains a commentary and not a bible, it should be set
      to "COMMENTARY".

      > Between the <Details> and </Details> tags can be CDATA text that
      contains the comments for the bible/commentary. BPeST also
      recognizes the 'Comments' attribute.

      > Bible records use the <v> element (for verse), commentary records
      use the <c> element (for commentary).
      > Each bible verse or commentary record has the following attributes
      >
      > The 'b' attribute contains the e-Sword recognized book number.
      The 'c' is the chapter number and 'v' is the verse number. For
      commentaries the 'v' is the beginning verse number.

      > Commentary records also have the 've' attribute for 'verse end'.
      If a commentary record does not contain this attribute, BPeST
      assumes that the begining and end of the commentary record are the
      same.

      > For each bible and commentary record there is a corresponding
      CDATA attribute which contains the scripture or comments for the
      record. Each CDATA block can contain any formatting codes (<b> or
      <u> or <i>...) but any single quote marks (') must be doubled (that
      is two single quotes following each other) so that the SQL processor
      doesn't choke on it. (for example "John's ear" would be
      rendered "John''s ear).

      > The following is a sample .xsd from a generated .xml file.
      >
      > <?xml version="1.0"?>
      > <xs:schema id="PEIIMPORT"
      targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/NET.xsd"
      xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/NET.xsd"
      xmlns="http://tempuri.org/NET.xsd"
      xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata"
      attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified">
      > <xs:element name="PEIIMPORT" msdata:IsDataSet="true"
      msdata:EnforceConstraints="False">
      > <xs:complexType>
      > <xs:choice maxOccurs="unbounded">
      > <xs:element name="Details" nillable="true">
      > <xs:complexType>
      > <xs:simpleContent msdata:ColumnName="Details_Text"
      msdata:Ordinal="7">
      > <xs:extension base="xs:string">
      > <xs:attribute name="Abbreviation"
      form="unqualified" type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="Description"
      form="unqualified" type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="OT" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="NT" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="Strongs" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="Apocrypha" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="Font" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > </xs:extension>
      > </xs:simpleContent>
      > </xs:complexType>
      > </xs:element>
      > <xs:element name="c" nillable="true">
      > <xs:complexType>
      > <xs:simpleContent msdata:ColumnName="c_Text"
      msdata:Ordinal="4">
      > <xs:extension base="xs:string">
      > <xs:attribute name="b" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="c" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="v" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="ve" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > </xs:extension>
      > </xs:simpleContent>
      > </xs:complexType>
      > </xs:element>
      > <xs:element name="v" nillable="true">
      > <xs:complexType>
      > <xs:simpleContent msdata:ColumnName="v_Text"
      msdata:Ordinal="3">
      > <xs:extension base="xs:string">
      > <xs:attribute name="b" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="c" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > <xs:attribute name="v" form="unqualified"
      type="xs:string" />
      > </xs:extension>
      > </xs:simpleContent>
      > </xs:complexType>
      > </xs:element>
      > </xs:choice>
      > </xs:complexType>
      > </xs:element>
      > </xs:schema>
      >

      > --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "enkidu_jones"
      <qohelet@b...> wrote:

      > > Thanks, Ben. I note that there are Bible translations and
      commentaries. Is it possible to