Hello

  • Mike Welch
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2004
      Message
      My name is Mike Welch.  I have a PocketPC.  I have Pocket e-Sword on it.  It's a program that lets me read the Bible...

      Umm, I've been a member here for a while and haven't seen any activity at all...I was hoping I'd run into someone who has used Pocket e-Sword for a while who I could ask questions as I write the online help for it.  Most things I'll work out myself, but I would like a review of the document when it's done if there's anybody out there (there...there...there...there...echo!).

      Thanks, and God Bless!

      Mike
      ...ike...ike...ike...
    • Alan Rouse
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2004
        Ah, another pocket lurker emerges from the shadows... Hello Mike!

        I currently have three Bible packages on my Toshiba 330E (Pocket e-Sword,
        Olive Tree, Laridian). I'm waiting for a few things in Pocket e-Sword
        before it will become my primary tool.... mainly, the ability to convert
        my modules from desktop e-Sword. I spend about 75% of my Bible time in the
        NIV and I don't want to have to pay for yet another copy (I've lost count
        of how many times I've bought the NIV, most recently from
        Laridian) Also...I have about 25 different versions under Olive
        Tree. Most if not all of those are available under desktop e-Sword. I'll
        probably keep Olive Tree around until I can get them for PPC.

        Also I'm hoping to see some performance improvements (My other two PPC
        tools are substantially faster and have much smaller modules--maybe those
        things are related?) And the ability to save settings / last passage
        accessed etc so it can restart at the same point I left it... etc. Larger
        fonts would help (I can read Laridian's largest font without my reading
        glasses!)

        I'd be glad to offer feedback on the help material when it's ready.

        Alan
        ...an ..an...an ;-)

        At 03:14 PM 3/17/2004, you wrote:
        >My name is Mike Welch. I have a PocketPC. I have Pocket e-Sword on
        >it. It's a program that lets me read the Bible...
        >
        >Umm, I've been a member here for a while and haven't seen any activity at
        >all...I was hoping I'd run into someone who has used Pocket e-Sword for a
        >while who I could ask questions as I write the online help for it. Most
        >things I'll work out myself, but I would like a review of the document
        >when it's done if there's anybody out there
        >(there...there...there...there...echo!).
        >
        >Thanks, and God Bless!
        >
        >Mike
        >...ike...ike...ike...

        > *
        > <mailto:pocket_esword-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>pocket_esword-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > *
      • Rick Meyers
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2004
          Message
          Mike,

          I am happy to review the document.  No one else will really know how it works exactly anyway ;-)

          In His service,

          Rick Meyers
          rick@...

          e-Sword (www.e-sword.net)
          the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 18, 2004
            At 03:58 PM 3/17/2004, you wrote:
            >Also I'm hoping to see some performance improvements (My other two PPC
            >tools are substantially faster and have much smaller modules--maybe those
            >things are related?)

            I thought I should clarify the above comment. It seems that, in
            particular, the KJV with Strong's module is very slow. I'm not sure there
            is a major difference in the speed of the other modules, compared to
            Laridian and Olive Tree. Note that I'm still at version 1.5.0 of Pocket
            e-Sword.

            Alan