Re: [Pocket e-Sword] MySword

  • Peter Pellerin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hi all,

      I have uploaded a new companion bible notes commentary file for pocket e sword to the following site:
      http://www.mediafire.com/?effk13v0h68kd

      I have also uploaded the same commentary for android MySword to:

      Thanks to patchworkid (aka Niobi) for making this commentary file.

      Peter

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
        Hi, some body have a ppc sword in .cab file? Pls

      • boby.jacob@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2011
          Thanks a lot. I have been also looking for something as good as e-sword. Regards

          Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

          From: Peter Pellerin <pfpeller@...>
          Sender: pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:34:15 -0700 (PDT)
          To: pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com<pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2011
            I have several resources on e-sword that are not encripted. I also have two resources I paid for: WordStudy and NASB. I know I probably will never get those two in MySword unless the MySword people strike a deal with the owners. But how do I go about converting the other resources? Can you give me urls and instructions?

            Rod
          • Peter Pellerin
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2011
              Hello Rodney,

              You can convert your modules by downloading their theWord migration tools.

              They run in the DOS command prompt.  You need to open the text file in notepad and read their instructions.

              You first need to convert the modules to theWord by downlaoding theWord bible software from www.theword.net
                The theWord importer will be in the program files/theWord folder.

              If you are not able to figure this out, I can help you convert your non encrypted resources.

              Peter

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 5, 2011
                All,
                Since I posted this message I have also written up some instructions in the forum at www.biblesupport.com.  Please go to this site for more detailed instructions on making your MySword modules.  I am also slowly posting MySword modules that I have converted to the downloads area of this site.  I would be happy to help with any special requests.  For the most part, any e sword module that is not encrypted can be converted to MySword.
                Thanks,
                Peter

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 26, 2011
                  Hello,

                  I just wanted to pass along to those who are not members of www.biblesupport.com yet, the latest release of MySword for android mobile software is now available at the android market.  I have been slowly converting modules for this software.  There are 56 modules now available at www.biblesupport.com.  More will be added almost daily.  I will prioritize any special requests that I recieve.

                  The latest release of MySword has a journal feature which allows e sword topics or theWord books to be converted to MySword.  MySword makes a great mobile e reader for these modules.  There are literally thousands of freely available books that can be converted.

                  For those who have not tired it yet, the software really does look and feel much like pocket e sword did.  The developers were inspired by pocket e sword and developed this for personal use after they switched from windows mobile phones to android phones and they could not find anything comparable to pocket e sword.  The software is being actively developed and already has more features than pocket e sword did.

                  Please let me know if you have any questions on using this software or on converting your own modules to this software.

                  Thanks,
                  Peter

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 15, 2011
                    All,

                    Check out the new pocket e sword downloads section at www.biblesupport.com.  There are over 70 files uploaded here now.  If you have any files that you can share with others that are not already on the site, you can also upload them here.

                    Thanks,
                    Peter

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 5, 2011

                      All,
                      There are a few new pocket e commentaries in the pocket e sword downloads area

                      http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/category/39-pocket-e-sword/

                      Thanks,
                      Peter

                      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android