Pocket E-Sword on a 800*480 screen

  • grgryhmltn
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
      Hi,
      I notice that some of the new PDA's/phones are coming out with 800*480 screens.

      I vaguely recall some people having trouble getting Pocket E-Sword to run properly on screens with a "higher" resolution.

      Does anyone know if Pocket E-Sword will run using the full benefits of a higher resloution screen?

      Thanks, God bless,
      Greg H.
    • thekitehunter
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
        Hi Greg,
        Yes it works ok this resolution on my HD2. The issue was that the fonts that are installed end up too large. However a kind soul created a set of resized fonts which can be copied to the phone's windows/Fonts folder which corrects the problem.

        He used Fontcreator (trial version) to produce a shrunken version of the fonts: Doulos SIL Regular.ttf, GalSILR20.ttf, SILEOT.ttf & tahoma.ttf

        God Bless
        John
      • Isai Jimenez
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
          Hi "Thekitehunter" sounds good, I never think this options can resolve the problem.I have an Hd2.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
            Hi John,
            Thank you very much for that info. I was almost on the verge of going Android as I had not previously noticed any solutions to the font problem. I can now have another look at my favourite Bible program.

            Where may I get a copy of those fonts please?

            God bless,
            Greg H.

          • thekitehunter
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
              Couldn't find them now, perhaps a search through the old messages might help for the place, but, for now, I've sent them via pm.

              John