Re: [Pocket e-Sword] I'd like to buy AMP & NASB for Pocket e-Sword

  • jonathon
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2010
      On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 08:21, Wing wrote:

      I made a mistake in approving this message, but anyway, rather than
      delete it, I'll post what I was going to write in the rejection
      notice, publicly.

      > I'd like to buy "Amplified Bible" & "New American Standard Bible Study Set", but it is
      impossible because Pocket e-Sword is no longer supported and
      commercial bibles for Pocket e-Sword are no longer sold.

      Whilst Pocket e-Sword is no longer officially supported, the
      commercially distributed resources for it _are_ still available.

      I just saw that I omitted the commercially distributed Bibles for
      Pocket e-Sword, in the list at e-Sword-users.org. :(

      For the resources that were distributed by eStudySource, login to your
      eStudySource account, and then send an email to Phil Stoner with the
      eStudySource catalog number.

      jonathon
    • Wing
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 14, 2010
        > Whilst Pocket e-Sword is no longer officially supported, the
        > commercially distributed resources for it _are_ still available.

        No.. They are all dead.
      • Rodney E. Barnes
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 18, 2010
          Pocket e-sword is still supported. Rick just released a new version for us svga win 6.5 users just this last november! So of course all the packages are still available. I have the nasb/wordstudies package, and its well worth the relativly small price compared to other less usable more expensive pocket bible resources.

          Rod

          > Whilst Pocket e-Sword is no longer officially supported, the
          > commercially distributed resources for it _are_ still available.

          No.. They are all dead.

        • jonathon
          • Rex Hutto
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 19, 2010

              Sorry to burst your bubble, Rod, but if you go to http://www.e-sword.net/pocketpc/, you will read, Pocket e-Sword is no longer being developed, nor supported. I suppose this announcement was made after you updated in November. Also, while the free resources are still listed on the page, the paid resources, such as these by Lockman, are gone.

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 19, 2010
                On 19 April 2010 16:39, jonathon <jonathon.blake@...> wrote:

                >> So of course all the packages are still available.
                >
                > Whilst that is technically, true, if you don't have the Catalogue
                > Number, you won't be able to purchase resources for Pocket e-Sword that
                > were/are distributed by eStudySource.

                The AMP and NASB resources were not distributed by eStudySource, they
                were from The Lockman Foundation / American Bible Sales. They are no
                longer available on their website, with or without a catalogue number.

                --imb
              • Rodney E. Barnes
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 19, 2010
                  Wow, I'm bummed now. It was the main reason I went with a win 6.x phone over an iphone or palm or blackberry. I used palm bible+ with hacked resources before I switched to pocket e-sword, as its ten times better. If folks are dropping support for windows mobile, then I'm open to dumping the win 6.5 Fuze and getting something as good but faster... What other mobile bible programs are out there that us scholar level types might find useful?

                  Rod

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 20, 2010

                    If you google “bible app iphone” or “bible app android” you’ll find that there is some really good development being done on these two platforms. Logos has a free iphone app that will access your desktop resources if you’re a Logos user. There are several others that look appealing. I’ve been debating iphone vs. Android, but the decision has really already been made for me, as AT&T doesn’t have service in my rural area. I’m going to have to stick with Verizon. So the big question is…will the iphone go to Verizon?

                    Wow, I'm bummed now. It was the main reason I went with a win 6.x phone over an iphone or palm or blackberry. I used palm bible+ with hacked resources before I switched to pocket e-sword, as its ten times better. If folks are dropping support for windows mobile, then I'm open to dumping the win 6.5 Fuze and getting something as good but faster... What other mobile bible programs are out there that us scholar level types might find useful?

                    Rod

                    Sorry to burst your bubble, Rod, but if you go to http://www.e- sword.net/ pocketpc/, you will read, Pocket e-Sword is no longer being developed, nor supported. I suppose this announcement was made after you updated in November. Also, while the free resources are still listed on the page, the paid resources, such as these by Lockman, are gone.

                    Pocket e-sword is still supported. Rick just released a new version for us svga win 6.5 users just this last november! So of course all the packages are still available. I have the nasb/wordstudies package, and its well worth the relativly small price compared to other less usable more expensive pocket bible resources.

                    Rod

                    > Whilst Pocket e-Sword is no longer officially supported, the
                    > commercially distributed resources for it _are_ still available.

                    No.. They are all dead.

                  • Larry Starett
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 20, 2010
                      You can get your entire LOGOS library on your iPhone or iPad Touch.