Modules for E-Sword and BibleDatabase

  • tsupy_mapler
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
      Hi guys, I have few popular modules of E-Sword and BibleDatabase including the following translations

      Bibles Translations:

      Amplified Bible
      New American Standard Bible Study Set
      New International Version
      New King James Version
      New Living Translation
      Revised Standard Version
      The MESSAGE

      Kindly tell me if you need any modules from that list and tell me what program you're using. Coz I've made modules for both E-sword and BibleDatabase. If you would tell me immediately, I'll upload them where necessary.

      God Bless you,
      Your Brother In Christ
    • Teodoro Sankaro
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
        Hi, this is one of the moderators of this list. I allowed your message
        (and took you off the moderated status all new members are automatically
        set to) because your message is clearly not spam.

        But I do have some concerns about the content:

        tsupy_mapler wrote:

        > Kindly tell me if you need any modules from that list and tell me what
        > program you're using. Coz I've made modules for both E-sword and
        > BibleDatabase. If you would tell me immediately, I'll upload them where
        > necessary.

        Since Jonathon (the other moderator) is about to clear out the files
        section, it would be inappropriate to upload them here, especially as at
        least some (and maybe all) of the bibles you listed are under copyright.

        I have just turned off the file upload feature. You can still download
        the files that are already there, but no new files can be uploaded
        (except by moderators). The ability to upload will be restored after the
        files section is cleared out. If there is something you really feel
        needs to be uploaded before then, contact one of the moderators privately.

        Take note that I support Jonathon's effort to prevent copyright
        violations. I don't care what your stance is on Bible copyrights. I,
        too, think our current copyright law is flawed. But the stance of this
        list is that we will not knowingly violate copyright law.

        There may be times when it is appropriate to defy the secular
        authorities on some issues. But in my opinion, this is not one of those
        times; nobody's salvation is at stake here. There are plenty of Bible
        translations around; if one is under copyright, get another. There are
        plenty of free Bibles around, both in print and electronically. (Both in
        the sense of without cost and in the sense of freely redistributable.)
      • jonathon
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
          On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 04:32, Teodoro Sankaro wrote:

          > But I do have some concerns about the content:

          All of the resources in the list are either authorized for
          distribution only by eStudySource, or have never been authorized for
          distribution in Pocket e-Sword format.

          I didn't delete the message on sight, simply because I wasn't sure
          about the status of one of the resources listed.

          >Since Jonathon (the other moderator) is about to clear out the files section,

          FWIW, the major reason for the file section deletion is to ensure that
          the resources are both compatible with, and meet the resource
          specifications for the then _current_ version of e-Sword / Pocket
          e-Sword.

          jonathon