Guide to creating Hebrew modules?

  • mahargdnin
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
      Is there a guide showing how to create Hebrew modules? I have made a
      few attempts but can't seem to get the Hebrew font to display
      propoerly.
    • onmmitts
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 9, 2008
        --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "mahargdnin" <grahamnind@...> wrote:

        > Is there a guide showing how to create Hebrew modules? I have made a
        > few attempts but can't seem to get the Hebrew font to display
        > propoerly.

        You need a Hebrew display program for pocket pc. There are 2 good
        ones. One is from ectaco and the other, better one is from P.D.A.C.
        They will hoever transform your pocket pc into a mostly Hebrew
        oriented device. This is great for email and messaging etc with
        Hebrew speakers.

        Blessings

        David
      • mahargdnin
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2008
          Perhaps I didn't explain properly. I don't need system-wide Hebrew
          support. I can get the WLC and BHS+strongs Hebrew modules to display
          fine within Pocket e-Sword but they both have problems. The WLC makes
          a mess of the Qere-Kethib variants and the minor prohets are missing
          from the BHS. So I thought I would have a go at creating my own. This
          is what I need some guidelines for.
        • Ben Krueger
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2008
            If you have the unicode text for these modules, you can import them
            using BeST 2 Premium (Standard version available from the
            e-Sword_Tools forum. Premium version is made available to people who
            support the development effort by sending a PayPal donation to best .
            support @ shaw . ca ).

            Were did you get the BHS+strongs that doesn't have the minor prophets?
            The one that I created and made available has them (I think....)

            Ben.

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 12, 2008
              I have the Best 2 Premium. I'll try a unicode text. Do you have to
              create an e-sword module first and then convert it to Pocket e-sword
              or is there a way to do it directly?

              I got the BHS+strongs from the e-sword tools file section. Just
              noticed it actually stops at the end of Daniel 7.

              --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Krueger" <ben.krueger@...>
              wrote:

              > If you have the unicode text for these modules, you can import them
              > using BeST 2 Premium (Standard version available from the
              > e-Sword_Tools forum. Premium version is made available to people
              who
              > support the development effort by sending a PayPal donation to
              best .
              > support @ shaw . ca ).
              >
              > Were did you get the BHS+strongs that doesn't have the minor
              prophets?
              > The one that I created and made available has them (I think....)
              >
              > Ben.
              >
              > --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "mahargdnin" <grahamnind@>
              wrote:

              > > Perhaps I didn't explain properly. I don't need system-wide
              Hebrew
              > > support. I can get the WLC and BHS+strongs Hebrew modules to
              display
              > > fine within Pocket e-Sword but they both have problems. The WLC
              makes
              > > a mess of the Qere-Kethib variants and the minor prohets are
              missing
              > > from the BHS. So I thought I would have a go at creating my own.
              This
              > > is what I need some guidelines for.

            • jonathon
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 13, 2008
                On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 03:35, mahargdnin wrote:
                >Do you have to create an e-sword module first and then convert it to Pocket e-sword or is there a way to do it directly?

                You pretty much have to create it for e-Sword, then convert to Pocket e-Sword.

                xan

                jonathon
              • mahargdnin
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 14, 2008
                  I have created a text file with unicode characters. Line one looks
                  like this.

                  Genesis 1:1 ×`ְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית{\cf11\super 07225} ×`ָּרָÖ
                  £×{\cf11\super 01254} אֱלֹ×"Ö´Ö`ים{\cf11\super 0430} אֵ֥ת
                  {\cf11\super 0853} ×"ַשָּׁמַ֖יִם{\cf11\super 08064} וÖ
                  °×ÖµÖ¥×ª{\cf11\super 0853} ×"ָאָֽרֶץ׃{\cf11\super 0776}

                  When I create the e-sword module it displays correctly except the
                  first character of every verse is missing.

                  If I then try and convert the compiled module to pocket e-sword it
                  doesn't work. Playing around with the options in BeST I either get a
                  lot of squares, a series of numbers and letters prefixed by 'u' or
                  BeST says there was an error creating the file on the pocket pc. I
                  have run out of ideas having tried every permutation I can see.

                  --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, jonathon <jonathon.blake@...>
                  wrote:

                  > On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 03:35, mahargdnin wrote:
                  > >Do you have to create an e-sword module first and then convert it
                  to Pocket e-sword or is there a way to do it directly?

                  > You pretty much have to create it for e-Sword, then convert to
                  Pocket e-Sword.

                  > xan
                  >
                  > jonathon

                • Ben Krueger
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 15, 2008
                    The latest version of BeST 2 Premium will convert directly into Pocket
                    e-Sword

                    --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, jonathon <jonathon.blake@...> wrote:

                    > On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 03:35, mahargdnin wrote:
                    > >Do you have to create an e-sword module first and then convert it
                    to Pocket e-sword or is there a way to do it directly?

                    > You pretty much have to create it for e-Sword, then convert to
                    Pocket e-Sword.

                    > xan
                    >
                    > jonathon

                  • Ben Krueger
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 15, 2008
                      Oh, mixing hebrew and english is EXTREMELY difficult in a Pocket
                      e-Sword module.

                      You need to encase the hebrew characters in <hebrew> and </hebrew> and
                      make sure that there is no other formatting between them.

                      ALSO: importing directly from a file will require that the hebrew
                      characters be reversed (which the export from a Desktop e-Sword module
                      takes care of).

                      HOWEVER: If you are getting a 'bunch of squares' then you're probably
                      on the right track. You need to add a unicode font to your device (in
                      the \Windows\Fonts folder) and then switch e-Sword to use that font
                      for the 'Hebrew' Pocket e-Sword font. (View -> Font Options) The
                      'squares' indicate that the symbol cannot be displayed by the
                      currently selected font. If the 'View Hebrew' font doesn't work, then
                      you should change the 'Default' font to one that includes the Hebrew
                      characters.

                      I don't read this forum very much... Could you move this to the
                      e-Sword_tools forum?

                      Ben.

                      --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "mahargdnin" <grahamnind@...> wrote:

                      > I have created a text file with unicode characters. Line one looks
                      > like this.
                      >
                      > Genesis 1:1 ×`ְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית{\cf11\super 07225}
                      ×`ָּרָÖ
                      > £×{\cf11\super 01254} אֱלֹ×"Ö´Ö`ים{\cf11\super
                      0430} אֵ֥ת
                      > {\cf11\super 0853} ×"ַשָּׁמַ֖יִם{\cf11\super
                      08064} וÖ
                      > °×ÖµÖ¥×ª{\cf11\super 0853} ×"ָאָֽרֶץ׃{\cf11\super
                      0776}

                      > When I create the e-sword module it displays correctly except the
                      > first character of every verse is missing.
                      >
                      > If I then try and convert the compiled module to pocket e-sword it
                      > doesn't work. Playing around with the options in BeST I either get a
                      > lot of squares, a series of numbers and letters prefixed by 'u' or
                      > BeST says there was an error creating the file on the pocket pc. I
                      > have run out of ideas having tried every permutation I can see.
                      >
                      > --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, jonathon <jonathon.blake@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 03:35, mahargdnin wrote:
                      > > >Do you have to create an e-sword module first and then convert it
                      > to Pocket e-sword or is there a way to do it directly?
                      > >
                      > > You pretty much have to create it for e-Sword, then convert to
                      > Pocket e-Sword.
                      > >
                      > > xan
                      > >
                      > > jonathon

                    • David Miller
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
                        Does anybody know if Pocket E-Sword works with the Verizon Wireless XV6900?  This phone runs Windows Mobile 6 Professional, has a touch screen, and uses an SD card.

                      • Nelson L Bowman
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008

                          Yes it does. I have it on mine and works fine.

                          Does anybody know if Pocket E-Sword works with the Verizon Wireless XV6900?  This phone runs Windows Mobile 6 Professional, has a touch screen, and uses an SD card.

                        • Fabian Lazarte
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008

                            Yes, it does very nicely.