Chinese Bible

  • yltansg
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 27, 2004
      The Chinese Bible CUV is available on the PPC e-sword site since 20
      August 2004. Unfortunately the e-sword displays squares instead of
      chinese characters.

      My system is: PPC 2003, e-sword v1.9.0, cuv simplified loaded.

      How do I display chinese characters for the CUV bible. Thanks.

      Alfred
    • yltansg
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 28, 2004
        I've got the advice from Rick Meyers. Copied the same MingLiu
        chinese font used by PC Windows into the Pocket PC Windows, Font sub
        directory. It works!

        Thanks Rick.

        Alfred.

        --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "yltansg" <yltansg@y...> wrote:
        > The Chinese Bible CUV is available on the PPC e-sword site since
        20
        > August 2004. Unfortunately the e-sword displays squares instead
        of
        > chinese characters.
        >
        > My system is: PPC 2003, e-sword v1.9.0, cuv simplified loaded.
        >
        > How do I display chinese characters for the CUV bible. Thanks.
        >
        > Alfred
      • Pesona Kharisma
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
          Glad to hear Rick Meyers himself help you.
          What about the lookup reference, i.e: Gen, Psalm,John? Is it still in English or change to Chinese language?
          Because mine is still in English while using the Indonesian Bible version.
          GBU

          ansg <yltansg@...> wrote:
          I've got the advice from Rick Meyers.  Copied the same MingLiu
          chinese font used by PC Windows into the Pocket PC Windows, Font sub
          directory.  It works!

          Thanks Rick.

          Alfred.

          --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "yltansg" <yltansg@y...> wrote:
          > The Chinese Bible CUV is available on the PPC e-sword site since
          20
          > August 2004.  Unfortunately the e-sword displays squares instead
          of
          > chinese characters.
          >
          > My system is: PPC 2003, e-sword v1.9.0, cuv simplified loaded.
          >
          > How do I display chinese characters for the CUV bible.  Thanks.
          >
          > Alfred

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • yltansg
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2004
            Hi,

            The lookup reference is still english for my CUV chinese Bible.

            Alfred.

            --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, Pesona Kharisma
            <pesona1k@y...> wrote:
            > Glad to hear Rick Meyers himself help you.
            > What about the lookup reference, i.e: Gen, Psalm,John? Is it still
            in English or change to Chinese language?
            > Because mine is still in English while using the Indonesian Bible
            version.

            > GBU
            >
            > ansg <yltansg@y...> wrote:
            > I've got the advice from Rick Meyers. Copied the same MingLiu
            > chinese font used by PC Windows into the Pocket PC Windows, Font
            sub
            > directory. It works!
            >
            > Thanks Rick.
            >
            > Alfred.
            >
            > --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "yltansg" <yltansg@y...>
            wrote:
            > > The Chinese Bible CUV is available on the PPC e-sword site since
            > 20
            > > August 2004. Unfortunately the e-sword displays squares instead
            > of
            > > chinese characters.
            > >
            > > My system is: PPC 2003, e-sword v1.9.0, cuv simplified loaded.
            > >
            > > How do I display chinese characters for the CUV bible. Thanks.
            > >
            > > Alfred
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

            > http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Pesona Kharisma
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 30, 2004
              Thanks for the fast reply. But it is a pity that the lookup ref is still in English.
              Hi Rick, it is a new homework for you.
              Anyway, pocket e-sword is very good bible reader & i am very bless from it.
              Thanks & God bless you all.

              <pesona1k@y...> wrote:
              > Glad to hear Rick Meyers himself help you.
              > What about the lookup reference, i.e: Gen, Psalm,John? Is it still
              in English or change to Chinese language?
              > Because mine is still in English while using the Indonesian Bible
              version.

              > GBU
              >
              > ansg <yltansg@y...> wrote:
              > I've got the advice from Rick Meyers.  Copied the same MingLiu
              > chinese font used by PC Windows into the Pocket PC Windows, Font
              sub
              > directory.  It works!
              >
              > Thanks Rick.
              >
              > Alfred.
              >
              > --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "yltansg" <yltansg@y...>
              wrote:
              > > The Chinese Bible CUV is available on the PPC e-sword site since
              > 20
              > > August 2004.  Unfortunately the e-sword displays squares instead
              > of
              > > chinese characters.
              > >
              > > My system is: PPC 2003, e-sword v1.9.0, cuv simplified loaded.
              > >
              > > How do I display chinese characters for the CUV bible.  Thanks.
              > >
              > > Alfred
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

            • jahissalvation
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 30, 2004
                Alfred (and others),

                Thanks to you (and Rick) for this information... just what I was
                looking for! However, a question: is it possible to put the file
                somewhere other than the Windows\Fonts directory and make it work
                somehow? It's 8MB, and I only have 64M RAM on my pocket PC. I would
                like to put it on the same SD card that my data is on. Is it
                possible?

                --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "yltansg" <yltansg@y...> wrote:
                > I've got the advice from Rick Meyers. Copied the same MingLiu
                > chinese font used by PC Windows into the Pocket PC Windows, Font
                sub
                > directory. It works!
                >
                > Thanks Rick.
                >
                > Alfred.
                >
                > --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "yltansg" <yltansg@y...>
                wrote:
                > > The Chinese Bible CUV is available on the PPC e-sword site since
                > 20
                > > August 2004. Unfortunately the e-sword displays squares instead
                > of
                > > chinese characters.
                > >
                > > My system is: PPC 2003, e-sword v1.9.0, cuv simplified loaded.
                > >
                > > How do I display chinese characters for the CUV bible. Thanks.
                > >
                > > Alfred
              • jahissalvation
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
                  I hate to reply to myself, but...

                  I installed a program called CE-Star, which installed a chinese simp
                  font that seems to work well with pocket e-sword, and the entire
                  program was under 6M, so it works out well!

                  --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, "jahissalvation"
                  <jahissalvation@y...> wrote:
                  > Alfred (and others),
                  >
                  > Thanks to you (and Rick) for this information... just what I was
                  > looking for! However, a question: is it possible to put the file
                  > somewhere other than the Windows\Fonts directory and make it work
                  > somehow? It's 8MB, and I only have 64M RAM on my pocket PC. I
                  would
                  > like to put it on the same SD card that my data is on. Is it
                  > possible?
                • Zhiqiang Shi
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
                    Do you have the line wrap problem?

                    --- jahissalvation <jahissalvation@...> wrote:

                    > I hate to reply to myself, but...
                    >
                    > I installed a program called CE-Star, which
                    > installed a chinese simp
                    > font that seems to work well with pocket e-sword,
                    > and the entire
                    > program was under 6M, so it works out well!
                    >

                    > --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com,
                    > "jahissalvation"
                    > <jahissalvation@y...> wrote:
                    > > Alfred (and others),
                    > >
                    > > Thanks to you (and Rick) for this information...
                    > just what I was
                    > > looking for! However, a question: is it possible
                    > to put the file
                    > > somewhere other than the Windows\Fonts directory
                    > and make it work
                    > > somehow? It's 8MB, and I only have 64M RAM on my
                    > pocket PC. I
                    > would
                    > > like to put it on the same SD card that my data is
                    > on. Is it
                    > > possible?

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • jahissalvation
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 7, 2004
                      Yes, I do.

                      --- In pocket_esword@yahoogroups.com, Zhiqiang Shi

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 7, 2004
                        There are couple of choices for reading Chinese bible
                        on PPC.

                        1. Olive Tree( free software, free bible )
                        http://www.itb.net/handheld/free/

                        2. CEbook ( Softwre not free, free bible )
                        http://www.limelink.com/big5/cebook/download.asp

                        3. Almega ( Not free )
                        http://www.almega.com.hk/products/others/otrmain.asp

                        http://vote.yahoo.com