BC RPM Clinic update No.1

  • hockenheim68
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2012
      Hello all,

      Just a reminder that BC RPM is eight weeks away. Our fifth annual meet will again be held in conjunction with
      Trains 2012. The meet will be held in Burnaby, BC on Saturday, November 10th,
      2012 from 10AM to 4PM. Participants are invited to display their models and
      dioramas, share information and learn valuable techniques in an interactive and
      non-competitive environment. All SCALES and ALL ROADS are welcome as are
      in-progress models. BRING YOUR MODELS!!!
      Building on last year's success, the meet will feature an expanded show & tell
      segment providing modeller's the opportunity to discuss their techniques and
      experiences in a group setting during the lunch hour.

      Images from last year's meet are here at http://tinyurl.com/84szzyk

      NEW!!! CLINIC UPDATE:

      Design Challenges on the N scale Columbia and Western squeezing 30 scale miles and 2000 vertical feet into a two car garage. - By Mark Dance

      Experiences from designing, building and operating the Columbia and Western railway. A double mushroom layout designed to replicate the scenery and operations of railwaying in the Kootenays. Lessons learned and maybe some advice on things not to do!

      The Boundary Subdivision; From Theory to Reality! By Scott Calvert

      At last year's clinic, we learned about the history of the CPR Boundary Subdivision, discussed the attributes that I considered in choosing this prototype, and explored the concepts for the design of my new HO layout. Well, now that we are actually constructing the new layout, this year we are going to examine how all that theory is translating into reality! While the physical construction of the layout only commenced in April of this year, progress is going well and we have definitely learned a few things already. Come join us while we share with you the latest on the Boundary Sub!

      CNR BC District facilities, locomotives and rolling stock - By Al Lill

      Al's presentation will primarily cover the steam to diesel transition era from Vancouver and Prince Rupert to Jasper plus the Okanagan Branch and will feature the work of many different photographers. Participation by the audience will be welcomed. Anyone who has slides of CNR road switchers in action in BC they would like to have scanned for possible inclusion in Canadian National Railways Diesel Locomotives Vol. 2 is welcome to bring them.

      Details of this year's clinic lineup are still being finalized but expect the
      usual dozen+ historical presentations and how-to demonstrations. Watch for more announcements in the coming weeks.

      In addition to the RPM meet and clinics, Trains 2012 features Operating
      sessions, Public show, Escorted layout tour, Banquet and Prototype tour. Trains
      2012 runs November 9th through 12th.

      BC RPM / Trains 2012 Registration is $25 CDN
      Price does not include Banquet, layout or prototype tours. Operating sessions
      are free but first come first serve - a very popular part of our show so get in while you can.

      Trains 2012 is located at:
      Cameron Centre (across from Lougheed Town Centre)
      9523 Cameron Street
      Burnaby, BC, Canada
      Cameron Centre is approx. 3 blocks north of the Lougheed Skytrain station and
      about 25 mins from downtown Vancouver via Skytrain.

      For more information regarding Trains 2012 see www.bctrains.org or send an
      e-mail to Ahutchinson(dot)mudbay(at)gmail.com

      Cheers,

      Andrew Hutchinson
      BC RPM/ Trains 2012