Rails by the River

  • TGREGMRTN@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
      Everyone,

      Pardon the silence regarding this year's event, but I have struggled to find a date that makes sense with work and family. During the traditional week leading up to the event my wife will in Toronto Canada for a family reunion and returning the afternoon for the event... Think about it... I had to search for a new date.

      I met today with the Center 50+ and seems September is Senior Citizen month and they are tight on available space and times. Traditionally this meet has been held on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, if we elect to hold to tradition we're done unless we move the meet to say the Red Lion Inn, which is just as affordable but 30% smaller, a secondary site to consider. So I need to see if it is going to impact the attendance if we move the event to Saturday and Sunday.

      A one day meet is not an option, and the clinic room at the Center 50+ is a great spot, the food on site is good.

      Here would be the hours for those traveling.

      Saturday 8 AM to  6 PM and Sunday 9 AM to 3 PM.

      For most of you who are on the list I need to get a reaction as I would like to get the contracts signed by Monday noon.

      Respectfully,

      Greg Martin

      Norman Maclean

      rhendrickson@... writes:

      On July 12, 2011, at 6:58 PM, Josef Brugger wrote:

       Jim, my club buddy hasn't had a response from the Rails by the River organizer. There doesn't appear to be any new activity on the Rails by the Bay site either. The original plan was to alternate the meets, with Oregon and Washington events in alternating years. For many good reasons, that never happened.

      Joe Brugger in Portland

      Joe and others, I talked with Greg on the phone last night and he does plan to host another Rails on the River, provided the space is available, on September 24 and 25.  If he can get the same facility we've used before, he should be making an announcement in a few days.

      Richard Hendrickson

    • Fred Dalzell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
        Sounds good to me.

        Fred

        Sent from my iPad

        rhendrickson@... writes:

        On July 12, 2011, at 6:58 PM, Josef Brugger wrote:

         Jim, my club buddy hasn't had a response from the Rails by the River organizer. There doesn't appear to be any new activity on the Rails by the Bay site either. The original plan was to alternate the meets, with Oregon and Washington events in alternating years. For many good reasons, that never happened.

        Joe Brugger in Portland

        Joe and others, I talked with Greg on the phone last night and he does plan to host another Rails on the River, provided the space is available, on September 24 and 25.  If he can get the same facility we've used before, he should be making an announcement in a few days.

        Richard Hendrickson

      • David Sieber
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
          Greg,
               Saturday and Sunday would be OK by me, but the date could be critical (family birthdays in both August and September ...) - still trying for September 24-25, or?
          Dave Sieber, Reno NV

          To: PortlandRPM@yahoogroups.com; pnw_rpm@yahoogroups.com; cromwelr@...; LarrynLynnHanlon@...
          CC: bi291@...; Richard.Andrews@...; marksd45@...; david@...; rond@...; belsonic@...; cjriley42@...; lkirsch51@...; everround@...; mtalviste@...; joe@...; richtownsend@...; stamat2@...; arwye@...; texaschief55@...

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 14, 2011
            David,

            September 23th and 25th is pretty much what works unless someone can convince me that Friday is better than Sunday. I hope it dodges your birthday things, it would be interesting to have you here. can I talk you in to a clinic?

            Greg Martin

            Norman Maclean

            To: PortlandRPM@yahoogroups.com; pnw_rpm@yahoogroups.com; cromwelr@...; LarrynLynnHanlon@...

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2011
              Dave,

              It will be at the Center 50+ Center here is Salem, and again Saturday and Sunday 24th and 25th. It's a better time of the year as the travel rates for those that are flying in shuld be less expensive with summer done. I will set a deal with the Red Lion for special room rates if I can, which shouldn't be to tough.

              To: PortlandRPM@yahoogroups.com; pnw_rpm@yahoogroups.com; cromwelr@...; LarrynLynnHanlon@...