PNW Milwaukee Modelers Meet - Oct 4 - North Bend, WA

  • Paul Krueger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2008
      Cascade Rail Foundation is sponsoring the first annual Pacific
      Northwest Milwaukee Road Modelers Meet on Saturday, October 4, 2008
      from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. It will be held at the Cedar River Watershed
      Education Center, near North Bend, WA. The facility is built at the
      location of the former Cedar Falls yard and the foundation of the
      substation is a short walk from the meeting room. You can find
      directions here: http://www.cedarriver.org/education/directions.shtml

      Scheduled presentations:
      * Freight Modeling 1960-80 Prototypes & Models - Mike Faletti
      * The Olympian Hiawatha and Columbian passenger trains 1947-1961 -
      Doug Nighswonger
      * Hyak, the substation and the model - Noel Holley

      Attendees are encouraged to bring their Milwaukee Road models of all
      scales for display, including dioramas or modules depicting Milwaukee
      Road locations. We have a model information form to our web site that
      you can fill out in advance.

      Admission is $5.00 with a reduced rate of $3.00 for those who bring
      models to display.

      The latest information about the event can be found at the Cascade
      Rail Foundation web site,
      http://www.milwelectric.org/events/modelersmeet.html. If you have
      questions you can contact me or contact David Newcomb at
      dtnewcomb@....

      Cascade Rail Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to
      preserving the memory of the Milwaukee Road in the state of
      Washington. Our primary focus is the preservation and operation of the
      South Cle Elum Rail Yard Historic District in partnership with
      Washington State Parks. You can learn more about us and our activities
      at our web site www.milwelectric.org.

      Paul Krueger
      Secretary
      Cascade Rail Foundation