Free-mo in June

  • Paul Mack
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
      I am Paul Mack. I know a few members here from North End Trains where I
      work Thursday and Friday evenings. Before I moved to Seattle a couple years
      ago, I modelled MRL over Mullan pass on a large two level layout I built in
      college. I live with the in-laws now because housing on this side is very
      expensive so I can't really build anything permenant even though the
      basement is about 30x70. I have a test track that runs under a coal loadout
      and through a rotary dumper. These two things have taken most of my
      modeling time over the last year. A few photos can be seen here:
      http://members.trainorders.com/pmack/home.htm
      The free-mo concept has great appeal since the 'standard' modules are boring
      to me because of the limited scenery and operations potential. I had drawn
      up a 2x6 module but that drawing was in my car when it was stolen last
      Thursday. (If anyone sees a blue'89 Civic, WA 971RXM or ID N82006, call the
      cops for me, please. I think one of the old ID plates was in the car when
      it was taken.) Not only that, but last year's Model Railroaders and CTC
      Boards were in the car as well since my reading time is on my lunch hour.
      As far as the June meet how many people are planning on bringing modules? I
      imagine it would be good to have that figured out ahead of time to arrange
      them somehow. I assume the standards to build to are listed here:
      http://www.free-mo.org/standard.html
      Looking forward to meeting you in June,
      Paul
    • johncolley@att.net