Re: John Deere Combines

  • Jim Davis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1 8:01 PM
      Chris wrote:

      > The reason I question this is my primary source for dating the 7700
      > was a John Deere "Grain and Maize Combines" brochure offered up on
      > ebay, which the seller dated at 1969 and stated covered 7700 6600
      > 4400 and 6601 models.

      Interesting find. The page prior to the timeline from that link said,
      "ending in 1969 and 1970 when the 45, 55, 95, and 105 Combines were
      replaced by the New Generation Combines." That implies that some of
      the new body styles might have shipped as early as 1969. Guess this
      is the best we're going to do for now.

      Jim Davis
    • Jim Davis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1 8:18 PM
        If any of you are interested in early John Deere tractors, here's a
        website with some history and a timeline:

        <http://petcaretips.net/john-deere-tractor-history.html>

        Here's one with some info on International Harvest Farmall tractors:

        <http://www.geocities.com/mck357/index.html>

        Jim Davis