Less than Two Weeks 'til Rails By The Bay

  • rickselbyms
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2007
      Get those models finished! I know what I'm working on the rest of the
      week....

      - - - - -

      Join us for the 3rd Annual RAILS BY THE BAY - 2007
      A Pacific Northwest Railroad Prototype Modelers Meet

      April 28th, 2007
      9am to 6pm
      Bellingham, Washington

      Presented by: Brian Rutherford, Rick Selby, Keith Thompson, and
      Richard Yaremko

      http://www.northwestrpm.com

      Participate in a full day of activities including:
      * Model displays and dioramas - bring your models for display
      * Operating Free-Mo modular layout (HO scale)
      * Clinics - hear from well-known hobbyists
      * Vendors - see what's new and talk to the model railroad
      manufacturers
      * Social discussion area - meet and chat with your fellow model
      railroad hobbyists
      * Raffle drawing - chance to win lots of great prizes

      CLINICS
      #1: "Five strands of narrow gauge history, the Nevada County
      Narrow Gauge R.R. through time, documents and present-day scenes" by
      Bill Schaumberg, Editor, Railraod Model Craftsman

      #2: "Modeling Great Northern Covered Hoppers" by Jim Ruffing

      #3: "Building Resin Freight Car Kits" by Gene Fusco, Rail Yard Models

      #4: "Prototype Track Construction and Modeling" by Mark Gillings

      #5: "Boxcar Builder Spotting Features" by Darrell Sawyer, Freight
      Cars Illustrated

      LOCATION:

      Hampton Inn Fox Hall
      3985 Bennett Drive
      Bellingham, WA 98225 US
      PH: 360-676-7700
      1-800-HAMPTON (426-7866)
      BLLWA_Hampton@...

      This Railroad Prototype Modeling (RPM) event is open to all modelers,
      all scales, and all eras! You've heard about it before, now
      come see what RPM and Free-Mo are about. Bring your models, finished
      or not! Your locomotives, rolling stock, structures, vehicles,
      dioramas, and Free-Mo modules are all welcomed for display in a non-
      competitive environment. You will also have the opportunity to meet
      and socialize with your fellow hobbyist to discuss modeling
      techniques, the prototype, and any other topics relating to prototype
      railroad modeling. Mark your calendar now!

      ADMISSION:
      $18 General admission
      $15 for those who bring at least one model or module for display.

      No registration necessary, admission available at the door.

      For questions or more information, see:
      -Web site: http://www.northwestrpm.com
      -Email: info@...

      Hope to see you there!