U25C Project group started

  • Robert Giffin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21 10:49 AM
      All - Given the interest in creating a model of the GE U25C and early U28C
      models - really the first predecessors of today's big GEs, a few of us have
      decided to start a Yahoo group dedicated to a U25C RPM project. Brian Banna
      (http://www.6axlepwr.com), Brian Everett, and myself (Bob Giffin) have
      compiled a lot of information for producing the parts necessary to bring the
      'Rossi shell up to standard and re-powering it with a modern drive and DCC
      capability.

      and keep track of what we are doing. We intend to use this group as a
      repository for everything about this project instead of having it scattered
      around the Diesel Modelers, NP Modelers, PC Modeler, and RPM lists. It
      won't be a light-speed project but with the team assembled it can only
      result in an exceptional result.

      Look forward to seeing any of you join the project and helping to finally
      produce a fine RPM U25C.

      V/R
      Bob Giffin
      robert.h.giffin@...
    • Brian E
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22 3:58 PM
        At one time Jeff Briggs was working a U25C retrofit kit...Anyone know
        whatever happened to that project?

      • Robert Giffin
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22 4:08 PM
          Re: At one time Jeff Briggs was working a U25C retrofit kit...Anyone know
          whatever happened to that project?

          Brian - Jeff Briggs doesn't answer email or phone calls. There is no
          current status on the release of his kits. And Keith from Plano Models, who
          did the detail parts for Briggs says that Jeff asked him to do them and then
          simply disappeared. Hence, the reason for the new group. We'll do this
          without him. If anyone can do it, Brian Banna can - and will. Of that I
          have no doubt.

          Bob Giffin