Remote Kickoff

  • Cathy Saxton
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2004
      Hi.

      I notice that there's no WA location listed in the Remote Kickoff list on
      FIRST's registration page. Is there something in the works, or will we need
      to plan a trip to Portland for our parts?

      Thanks,
      Cathy Saxton - Team 1318
      Issaquah Robotics Society
      saxtonc@...
    • Goodman Pete E.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2004
        I noticed the same thing when I looked. Is there anyone out there that
        has any info about this.
        Pete Goodman
        Kamiak HS

        I notice that there's no WA location listed in the Remote Kickoff list
        on
        FIRST's registration page. Is there something in the works, or will we
        need
        to plan a trip to Portland for our parts?

        Thanks,
        Cathy Saxton - Team 1318
        Issaquah Robotics Society
        saxtonc@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • estokely@wavecable.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 18, 2004
          OK here is what I know, and sorry for not keeping everyone
          informed

          Its probable we will make a WAshington kickoff. Jason has
          had some communication issues and there was a some crossed
          info.

          WORST CASE
          I will drive the kicks back from Portland on SATURDAY.
          We can arrange a pick up spot if this occurs. We should be
          able to find a high school to watch the kick off from.
          Again I don't want to move on this until after Monday.

          BEST CASE

          We meet at the UW. ALex has found some funding to open teh
          engineering building. I would be hesitant to do this if
          the kits are in Portland but we'll deal with that next
          week.

          SO again, I see no reason for all 14 teams to make the
          trip to portland. I can fit everything in the truck, if
          this occurs.

          Eric

          On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:39:03 -0800
          "Cathy Saxton" <yahoogroup@...> wrote:

          >Hi.
          >
          >I notice that there's no WA location listed in the Remote
          >Kickoff list on
          >FIRST's registration page. Is there something in the
          >works, or will we need
          >to plan a trip to Portland for our parts?
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Cathy Saxton - Team 1318
          >Issaquah Robotics Society
          >saxtonc@...
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >To visit your group on the web, go
          >to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pnw-first/
          >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
          >to:pnw-first-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
          >of Service.

        • Ryan McElroy
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 18, 2004
            The Titan Robotics Club (TRC - team 492) is looking into securing our school's new Performing Arts Center (PAC). It seats about 200, stadium style, and has the projector/sound equipment we would need. We are looking into wether we would have the NASA channel available, or if we could secure a webcast. The benefit with the PAC would be that the cost would be free for us (we presume), and convinient access from I-405. I think UW is still a prefered venue, but I'll let you know about the status of this possibility when I know more.

            ~Ryan
            Mentor, Titan Robotics Club

            to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pnw-first/&nbsp;
            to:pnw-first-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com&nbsp;
            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
            of Service.

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/2OlolB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Eric Stokely
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 18, 2004
              Cool!
              If we somehow lose the ability to have an official kickoff (see below
              for more on this) I hope that can work as a plan B. I figure I can be
              back up here by 2:30-3:00 with the kits from Portland. (note to self
              find out where the Oregon kick off actually is)

              Also Great to see you guys back in it!!!!!!!!!

              OK the back story on our kick off, ALex at teh UW has found funding for
              the kick off. He contacted our FIRST rep, Jason, who is in the process
              of moving.
              After getting a hold of Jason to get a Washington kick off he reminded
              me of the magic number, which is usually 15 teams. I had only counted
              12, its really 14 right now.

              If I had to guess I would say we are closer to having it at the UW than
              not but until Monday (Jason is on a tour of Ca and NV for FIRST) I just
              don't know.

              Eric

            • Donna Lew
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004

                WSHS Team 1492 is in a rebuilding year. The mentors would like to attend the kickoff.

                Team #488 has offered any interested WSHS students to join our efforts. I also mentioned to the kids that there is the Chief Sealth team and also Seattle Lutheran.

                I cannot imagine that having 14 teams would disqualify a PNW regional. The teams are having enough problems raising the $6,000 for the competition/robot kit fee as well as the travel expenses.

                Team #488 has a 47 seat chartered bus for the 2005 competition. If you want to hook a ride with us, I'm sure there is enough room. We had 25 kids last year between Team #488 and Team #1492.

                Egads it is only 8 weeks to the kickoff.

                Later ...XBOT Mom - Donna Y. Lew - 206 972-4119